Why do some people hate on Bape clothing

YUNG BATHIN APE

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think people hate on Bape per say it's more the people that wear it.To me Bape was and still is one of the best streetwear brands around.If you look beyond the camo and rainbow dust hoodies they actually make pretty good clothing.Some of the older t-shirts and jackets have legend status.Over the years its gone a bit tits up but thats more to do with the people that are wearing it now imo.Just buy it and rock it well, thats my advice.

Because deep down they know the idea is so simple that they could of thought of it.But they didn't. So they are not rich. Deep
plse explain this simple idea if poss
the majoirty of the stuff is ugly
id still rock some of it but laugh at bape lifestyle gurus so caughtup in hype that they will bankrupt themselves for it while Nigo laughs to the bank.Dude is a sick guyK-dot.1

BBC Icecream is the biggest pile of sh*t on earth. Apart from season 0 and the occassional odd item, most of it has been shite.Tronics hit the nail on the head. A lot of the more expensive items from back in the day (leathers, goretex jackets etc) were damn awesome. Hate it or not, it did set the all over print craze and inspired a sh*t load of copy cats. I'll still rock my camo hoods once in awhile.Unfortunately the brand got bastardized and was not helped by Nigo rehashing a lot of it and producing lazy designs in the last couple of years. Too many people jumped on the bandwagon and knew nothing about the brand. Also, many of the people who hate it now were those who were on the bandwagon and now that its rinsed don't want anything to do with it. IMO they never liked the brand in the firsrt place - just on it for the hype.

I think it looked sick. Them patterns were crazy and imaginative, but it got Evisu'd, Akademik'd or my personal fave Bur"buried" (copyright). Basically these streetwear brands are just hot for the moment, they dont have that everlasting desire like the big and more established fashion houses like Versace, Armani and them.Bape was just a trend that didnt move on and redesign. The basis of what people liked about them would be lost in change, so that was them, dead

I think it looked sick. Them patterns were crazy and imaginative, but it got Evisu'd, Akademik'd or my personal fave Bur"buried" (copyright). Basically these streetwear brands are just hot for the moment, they dont have that everlasting desire like the big and more established fashion houses like Versace, Armani and them.Bape was just a trend that didnt move on and redesign. The basis of what people liked about them would be lost in change, so that was them, dead
Stussy is an example of a streetwear brand that has enjoyed long time success (even though it has had its dark days).Bape was around for ages were not always doing all prints. It was just a victim of its success after being promoted by mainstream celebrities - oh an lazy designs for the past year/ couple of years.Before that, non mainstream heads like James Lavelle, Ian Brown etc used to rock it. F*cking hell i even saw one old old old old old old old old old school pic of one member from Take That wearing a bape tee. I suspect that since they toured Japan so often back in the old days that they would have stumbled on it.

Just a suggestion...But wouldn't the REAL trendy people attempt to resurrect these type of brands rather than jump on them before they've got big or whilst they are big?
the thing people still wear it but they just stay away from the bait camo pieces.I bet you that you may have probably walked past a few people wearing nice well made simple items that were bape but never have known apart from the tiny ape head.either way when buying clothes you should always do the test"would i like this item if it wasn't by XYZ brand?"