Why do some people hate on Bape clothing

YUNG BATHIN APE

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol bape was strictly a skate/grunge when i first saw it some guy near where i work rocks it 24/7 and he is defo not on this pharell hype...wasnt till the whole bbc sh*t came out that the 2 got twist into the same thing, main part in why it isnt so hot now id what i call 'evisu syndrome' evryone wants it it get coppied stupidly and any old tramp can rock it, thats why i stick to brands that arent as well known, buy stuff you like at the end of the day wether its bape gucci or primark its how you drop it...remeber money cant buy style!!!

I think it looked sick. Them patterns were crazy and imaginative, but it got Evisu'd, Akademik'd or my personal fave Bur"buried" (copyright). Basically these streetwear brands are just hot for the moment, they dont have that everlasting desire like the big and more established fashion houses like Versace, Armani and them.Bape was just a trend that didnt move on and redesign. The basis of what people liked about them would be lost in change, so that was them, dead
Stussy is an example of a streetwear brand that has enjoyed long time success (even though it has had its dark days).Bape was around for ages were not always doing all prints. It was just a victim of its success after being promoted by mainstream celebrities - oh an lazy designs for the past year/ couple of years.Before that, non mainstream heads like James Lavelle, Ian Brown etc used to rock it. F*cking hell i even saw one old old old old old old old old old school pic of one member from Take That wearing a bape tee. I suspect that since they toured Japan so often back in the old days that they would have stumbled on it.
Stussy and Bape are in pretty similar situation at the mo.Both have an extensive back catalog and rep that allows them to mess up here and there.Not to mention a loyal following.I can't remember the last time i've bought anything from Stussy tbh. It looks more like H&M fodder nowadays.I've got a picture of Noel Gallagher wearing the sickest Neighborhood M-65, ha!

I can't remember the last time i've bought anything from Stussy tbh. It looks more like H&M fodder nowadays.
nah dont agree...recon the bandito stuff was cold...they need to bring out some more varsity jackets though them crown ones wer serious (expensive but serious) wish i'd copped one.i dont think stussy and bape are on the same level stussy never has been a masses brand like bape (even though bape doesnt want to be one lol it is!)....and i doubt you'll find stussy in bush market lol

bape goes hardand still goes hardthere is a variety of new stuff and stockif you wanna stand out then its for yousimple as
bahahahahahahahah or should i say baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa thats some sheep clothing if ever i saw it...stand out yeah right more like get into the robot line with everyone else....how you standing out in the blue cammo when my guy up ahead had the pink one lol...bape is not serious...however bbc gortex coat in hideout is truely mucky!!

I think it looked sick. Them patterns were crazy and imaginative, but it got Evisu'd, Akademik'd or my personal fave Bur"buried" (copyright). Basically these streetwear brands are just hot for the moment, they dont have that everlasting desire like the big and more established fashion houses like Versace, Armani and them.Bape was just a trend that didnt move on and redesign. The basis of what people liked about them would be lost in change, so that was them, dead
Stussy is an example of a streetwear brand that has enjoyed long time success (even though it has had its dark days).Bape was around for ages were not always doing all prints. It was just a victim of its success after being promoted by mainstream celebrities - oh an lazy designs for the past year/ couple of years.Before that, non mainstream heads like James Lavelle, Ian Brown etc used to rock it. F*cking hell i even saw one old old old old old old old old old school pic of one member from Take That wearing a bape tee. I suspect that since they toured Japan so often back in the old days that they would have stumbled on it.
Thats what I was talking about. If they didnt get known for their all over prints but were known for something a bit more versatile then they would be bless. Add Lot 29 to the list. The thing that made them big, killed them.Gift and curse innit

I can't remember the last time i've bought anything from Stussy tbh. It looks more like H&M fodder nowadays.
i dont think stussy and bape are on the same level stussy never has been a masses brand like bape (even though bape doesnt want to be one lol it is!)....and i doubt you'll find stussy in bush market lol
agree...and if u ask the average hype bape heads, they wont even recognise the brand Stussywhich goes bak to
Over the years its gone a bit tits up but thats more to do with the people that are wearing it now imo.

BBC Icecream is the biggest pile of sh*t on earth. Apart from season 0 and the occassional odd item, most of it has been shite.Tronics hit the nail on the head. A lot of the more expensive items from back in the day (leathers, goretex jackets etc) were damn awesome. Hate it or not, it did set the all over print craze and inspired a sh*t load of copy cats. I'll still rock my camo hoods once in awhile.Unfortunately the brand got bastardized and was not helped by Nigo rehashing a lot of it and producing lazy designs in the last couple of years. Too many people jumped on the bandwagon and knew nothing about the brand. Also, many of the people who hate it now were those who were on the bandwagon and now that its rinsed don't want anything to do with it. IMO they never liked the brand in the firsrt place - just on it for the hype.
Nah even the new stuff is decent, most of the stock they wear in that Twista video is sick IMOBape has died hard, check the BBC forums and read the views of the die hard fans, all about BBC nowThe only thing I want Bape to remake the Red Hoodie that Pharrell wears in lets get blown, hoodie is sick and a classic.And also the college camo hoodie