Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shawn_Carter

FAO People who know about computers

7 posts in this topic

Basically, my laptop is almost full (got 3GB left) and I checked out what is causing so much GB and my iTunes folder has got 63GB in it and 12,750 files according to the properties. But my iTunes has only got 3518 songs. What's going on? What's all this stuff in the iTunes folder and how do i get rid of it?

you probably converted all your files i have no idea itunes is swaaaaaggggggggggg

bet everytime u play an mp3 it gets put into ur itunes libary... check ur itunes prefrences...

bet everytime u play an mp3 it gets put into ur itunes libary... check ur itunes prefrences...
But why would that mean there are 4 times as many files in the iTunes folder as in the iTunes program?

iTunes is live.Probably what Faze suggested. Also check to make sure that if you are importing a song it isn't importing them as WAV or AIFF files. They are usually like 44MB for one song.

But why would that mean there are 4 times as many files in the iTunes folder as in the iTunes program?
Then you need to actaully go into the iTunes folder and check each folder to see if it's amde duplicates. It's possible that folders or the files in those folders have been copied by accident but haven't been dragged into iTunes.