FAO - people who have a car

LuLu

what accessories do you have in your car ? what kind of speakers/stereo have you got installed ?have you got tinted windows, if so, how much did you pay for them ?oh and how much roughly would it cost for a personalised number plate ?

Guest Lemons

I have nothing added to my Golf. Doesn't need anything, got a CD player and I don'y play my music loud enough to warrant extra/new speakers.Could I be less help right now?

Guest TimeBomb
I have nothing added to my Golf. Doesn't need anything, got a CD player and I don'y play my music loud enough to warrant extra/new speakers.Could I be less help right now?
same apart from 18's, just plug my ipod in.

Accessories? Do you mean what's been altered?If so:1. Alloys2. Sub + Amp (Not to go round blasting like a bitch)...sub is tweaked to be right at the low end so it just sounds like I have really bassy speakers, rather than an actual sub. Trick is to get the sub to complement the music you're playing, not overpower it). Having said that I can still give the passengers a back massage if I turn it up.3. Tints cost me 125 for Dark Smoke on all the back windows, and a light smoke on the two front passengers (beware of dodgy coppers - just dont draw attention to yourself). I can provide the contact details of who it was if you wish them.4. Lowered with Eibach springs - did all the work myself so was fairly cheap5. HID headlights/lamps6. Uprated Pioneer speakers.A lot of the work I did when I was in the "new car" hype phase.The way I look at it, I want to make my car nice (within reason), because Im not going to be getting another one till I have another mortgage to my name.I've changed a lot on my car, but I've kept it to the main things above for space purposes, and I didnt know what you wanted specified...

my car is looking kinda bare, just took off some stupid pink fluffly steering wheel cover because it was pissing me off. used to have pink dice hanging, but they kept swinging all over the place so ye they had to go as well.the pink aeriel is still up though.

Accessories? Do you mean what's been altered?If so:1. Alloys2. Sub + Amp (Not to go round blasting like a bitch)...sub is tweaked to be right at the low end so it just sounds like I have really bassy speakers, rather than an actual sub. Trick is to get the sub to complement the music you're playing, not overpower it). Having said that I can still give the passengers a back massage if I turn it up.3. Tints cost me 125 for Dark Smoke on all the back windows, and a light smoke on the two front passengers (beware of dodgy coppers - just dont draw attention to yourself). I can provide the contact details of who it was if you wish them.4. Lowered with Eibach springs - did all the work myself so was fairly cheap5. HID headlights/lamps6. Uprated Pioneer speakers.A lot of the work I did when I was in the "new car" hype phase.The way I look at it, I want to make my car nice (within reason), because Im not going to be getting another one till I have another mortgage to my name.I've changed a lot on my car, but I've kept it to the main things above for space purposes, and I didnt know what you wanted specified...
so roughly all togther how much have you spent on your car ?i so want the leather seats that heat up with one press of a button, my friend has them in his car, its really relaxing.

so roughly all togther how much have you spent on your car ?
I'd have to break it down:1. Alloys - 2602. Lowering Springs - 1303. K&N Panel Filter - 304. Sub+Amp - 2005. Tints - 1256. HID Bulbs + Ballasts - 807. HID Headlamps - 1508. Uprated Brakes - 140Rough Total: £1115They're the most expensive changes I've made. Theres a few miscellaneous here and there items, but they were pocket change really.I've done all the electrics/wiring, mechanical work (cambelt etc) myself, so although the total figure above is 1115, I've saved myself over that amount by doing the work as opposed to any garage.Bare in mind I havent done any major changes to my car for months now, its just dead money. I can understand the appeal of a few gimmicks and modcons here and there, but had I the option of recouping that money and just having my standard Focus, I would take it. Thats 1G further towards my future.

very little in all honestyit's apparently quite a classic car so i'm thinking if i do alot to it, it might devalue it and i'm getting the car i actually want in the summer so i'll do that one up if i want toall i did to this one was get a new cd/mp3/radio player...the speakers and everything are pretty good already, just hated the look of the old cd player

The tints I got came with the car, its silver at the top but graduates into black at the bottom, really really nice.
that sounds quite hot actually...were you told where it was done from when you got the car?
Nah, I didnt ask lol.Think it would only work on a silver car though.Dont think itd be too hard to find somewhere that does it.

The tints I got came with the car, its silver at the top but graduates into black at the bottom, really really nice.
that sounds quite hot actually...were you told where it was done from when you got the car?
Nah, I didnt ask lol.Think it would only work on a silver car though.Dont think itd be too hard to find somewhere that does it.
how much u get ur car for?

Kenwood MP3 Cd player with remote controlalpine front component speakersRear JBL 6x9sused to have a kenwood sub and ampno tints cause they look tacky, changed the rear lights to black ones, got blue led interior lights aswell as blue led lightscolour coded the boot handle a lil while ago, did go scrappy a few months ago to get a spoilerbut at the moment i aint looking to do much as i've spent sh*t loads