Tokyo

Guest Lemons

Guest Lemons

I'm looking to make Tokyo the destination of my main holiday this year.I don't want to spend over £1500 on flights + Hotel.Is Odaiba the place I want to be for shopping/drinking/general wanderings? Or is it cool to be based anywhere and just get around on the tube etc? How easy is public transport to use? Should I get a PASMO when I'm there?I've heard/read good things about Shinagawa, should that be an option?Anyone in the know?I could have sworn someone here lives there due to work...?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holla at stat....
i swear hes in hong kong?
Not right now, still in Enfield.I'm looking to go to Tokyo this year also. It just depends on how much it will cost and where I will be staying.Most of the high streets do nothing on Tokyo and if they do it is them stupid tours which I have no interest in taking. I would love to explore the city on my own or with a friend (if he goes we will we have a video blog planned).Be warned if you go it is dangerous due to no signs (so I've been told) are in English. Make sure you buy a phrase book and learn some Japanese and get the accents right!By a travel guide I got a couple books, you can buy a tube book in Waterstones plus some of the travel guide books have the subway map. Try other forums that have about Japanese shopping like Hypebeast they got a section for Asia and I found loads of shops in their Hong Kong section.Also be cool if anyone can put up deals lol.If I can't afford Tokyo or Shanghai I may go back to Hong Kong with friends.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/pub/agent.dll?qsc...2&eapid=0-3Shingawa prince Hotel. £775 flights and 7 nights. Fly with all Nippon Airways, which sounds funny.Might book it up.
Sweet, nice deal but I'd have to change the airline.Either the summer or New Year for me.
Simply for comfort reasons?
Yeah and the tv biggrin.gif alsol I'm a fan of Virgin airways and when it comes to the long haul flights I'll use them. Plus I know my luggage will get there safely (up yours BA).