GETTING ABIT BORED OF THIS NOW

dj ryda

AFC LIVERPOOL mellow.gif

iverpool supporters have formed their own "little brother" club AFC Liverpool after being priced out of going to Anfield.AFC Liverpool are the latest 'fans' club after the success of first AFC Wimbledon and then FC United and they have applied to the Vodkat North West Counties League Division Two to enter a team for next season.But unlike FC United - formed in protest at the Glazer ownership - AFC Liverpool hope to flourish alongside the club and have been launched purely to give fans a team to watch outside of the big Premier League prices.Club spokesman Alun Parry told the Daily Telegraph: "This has nothing to do with the ownership issue, it's about affordability. I've been going to Anfield since the late Seventies when I was six years old. A season ticket in the Kop cost £45 in 1985, today it's £650, which I know is a lot cheaper than some other Premier League clubs, but in inflation terms Eighties prices should equate to £98 today."We aren't blaming the club, we realise they have no choice, but the sad fact is that a whole community is being denied the opportunity to grow up in the 'match-going' culture. The average age of a Premier League supporter is now 43. At a recent game I spotted only two children, so kids who can't afford to go are forced to learn what it means to support a club from one source - television."Far from wishing to be estranged from the club, we are hoping that Liverpool will look upon us as a little brother."

lol@starting up a next team full of sh*t players so you can watch games because you're too cheap to pay to see world class names like Torres, Mascherano and Gerrard. Get what you pay for.
Bollocks.Football is a working class game but those working class people can't afford to go because of the corporate wankers running it.Paying £50+ a ticket, + the day out (food drinks etc = £100 a week) if you've a family that's a lot of spare money going down the swanny.

lol@starting up a next team full of sh*t players so you can watch games because you're too cheap to pay to see world class names like Torres, Mascherano and Gerrard. Get what you pay for.
Bollocks.Football is a working class game but those working class people can't afford to go because of the corporate wankers running it.Paying £50+ a ticket, + the day out (food drinks etc = £100 a week) if you've a family that's a lot of spare money going down the swanny.
tru

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

Whether its right or Wrong, Got to disagree Matt. Football 'was' a working class game - its now a business. Its a double edged sword because fans want trophies and big signings but will complain about ticket prices. Option? go to away games or stop supporting your team financially and do it vocally.It would be like Lamborghini making economy cars to cater for the people that have Lamborghini as their favourite car. It wouldn't make business sense.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
Whether its right or Wrong, Got to disagree Matt. Football 'was' a working class game - its now a business. Its a double edged sword because fans want trophies and big signings but will complain about ticket prices. Option? go to away games or stop supporting your team financially and do it vocally.It would be like Lamborghini making economy cars to cater for the people that have Lamborghini as their favourite car. It wouldn't make business sense.
I agree but disagree.Like most things.it is a business that makes money off of working class people...Still a working class game, its just cunts are in charge..

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
I agree but disagree.Like most things.it is a business that makes money off of working class people...Still a working class game, its just cunts are in charge..
that is true i suppose with shirts and that it exploits the working class, merchandise foreign fans and Turnstiles the business people. If you mean the players themselves they're harfly exploited!

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
f*ck this idea.why dont england just bring in b teams and put them in lower leagues instead of having a reserve team
same effect of higher prices for the fans.

Our season tickets are only £280 for the holte end.I get what he's saying though...And I think its right, I dont see why people dont agree with it?It's just giving more oppertunities to people who simply cannot afford to go to their teams games regulaly.I've had my season ticket for 11 of the last 13 seasons, 10 straight and I won't be stopping anytime soon, but thats because up untill i was 16 it was £150ish (on average) a season and now for a student its £280.If I had to pay these extortionate prices, right now I would (because im working) but during my school years and college years I simply would not of been able to afford to go.Some people dont get it, supporting a football club is a disease, you live, breathe, eat and sleep every single thing that club does.You become obsessed with it, and missing a games is horrible... Which is why I feel sorry for the true top 4 fans who simply can't 'feed their habit' because of the ridiculous prices.The price doesn't matter to football fans, they'll pay it... but sometimes, they simply cannot

£280 is verrry goodbut what is that until ur 21 or somethingcheapest season ticket at arsenal for adult is basicallly 900and that doesnt include all champions league gamesor carling cupand that is y people in there 100's r sayin fuk ity pay that much money to be told to sit down nd shut upnd sit next to pricks who just got into football cos its coolleave early nd generally dont give a fuk

Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham are extortianate IMO.United is considerably less, I think about £690.I was going to get one but f*ck being liable for ALL Carling Cup and FA Cup matches, EVEN IF YOU CANT GO. Madness.Prices are ridiculous still, but currently I am in a situation where I could comfortably afford to go, but I see why people are switching.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham are extortianate IMO.United is considerably less, I think about £690.I was going to get one but f*ck being liable for ALL Carling Cup and FA Cup matches, EVEN IF YOU CANT GO. Madness.Prices are ridiculous still, but currently I am in a situation where I could comfortably afford to go, but I see why people are switching.
yh thats £690+u must sign up for automatic ticket scheme like u saidas i understand that meansevery time man u have a cup game carling cup fa cup champions leagueu will get a direct debit for £30 (or whateva the pice of a ticket is)out of ur account so u automatically buy the ticketthats alot of extra moneyplus travelman u is the worst out of all the clubs that is the highest pisstake

someone i know is a season ticket holder at unitedhe doesnt even go to some of the cup games he gets charged forand just loses the moneywhen they played coventry at home in the league cup the attendance was announced as 67 thousand but really it was like 40
jj now that im about to start working i was thinking of getting a arsenal season ticket, but the only thing that puts me off is sitting in the same seat all season.the thing i like about being a silver member is to be able to hand pick your seat. i mean imagine theres a dude around 6"6 infront of you for the whole season. whats your seat like at villa park? has this ever been a issue for you