65 percent of CVs contained false information

DJ Stashman

Can you get away with it?Take Neil Taylor: he produced a bogus degree certificate to secure the £115,000 position as head of the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust in 2003. After admitting the offence of obtaining a pecuniary advantage through deception, he was sentenced to two years' imprisonment.Research published by The Risk Advisory Group (TRAG) found that 65 percent of CVs contained false information. According to TRAG, women in their early 30s were the biggest culprits, with 77 percent of their CVs containing some kind of untruth. Even among the statistically most honest group, men in their early 20s, half of all CVs featured misleading information. Nearly seven in 10 applicants have asked a friend to act as a referee on their CV.A white lie -- or a slip of the pen?Job seekers mislead firms over everything from gaps in employment to fraud committed against previous employers. TRAG estimate 500,000 vacancies are currently unfilled because firms cannot find the right workers to take up the positions. Bill Waite, of TRAG, said that many of the discrepancies they uncover are simple errors of omission. "But around one in 10 will be something more serious, such as criminal conviction, fraud against previous employers or even terrorist links!"Never underestimate an employerA spokesperson from the London and Quadrant Housing Trust, which provides rented homes to low-income families, said checks on prospective employees reveal so many to have lied that about one in 15 provisional job offers that they make needs to be withdrawn. Marcia Roberts of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation says, "You'd be surprised to know how common it is to lie about qualifications and how stupid it is because it's easy to check. Recruiters should never accept that someone has lost their certificates. Many claim to have been to foreign universities when they don't even exist!"Being 'creative' with the truthHere are some of the things that people have anonymously confessed to:# "I have knocked off up to four years off my age and had to adjust dates accordingly."# "I've been cheating my CV all my life. Thanks to that I'm now a managing director for one of the departments at a very large firm in the UK."# "I am currently mid level management in the oil and gas industry. I have never been questioned about, or shown, a qualification to any employer."# "Speaking as a 50-year old accountant, a 5-year reduction of one's age appears to be my door opener."# "I have epilepsy, and find it very hard to get interviews, so I leave it out in the CV, but tell them at the interview, if it is a concern or a health risk."# "The spurious debating society is a good example - I claimed to have founded the school debating society on my application to Oxford."# "Personally I don't believe I've embellished or faked a CV. However, I certainly have 'tweaked' my CV using the most powerful words possible to describe roles or actions."# "With a first class degree in astro-physics and a career as a leading brain surgeon, why on earth would I want to lie on my CV!"

Guest haze-e
Saw baaaaare text.Shoulda added some colour. Or a pic or suttin.Attention werent grabbed.
Thats not alot of text you retarded southerner
Are you still hurting about your time in Peckham.I woulda tried to get your trainers back from them girls but Peckham aint my ends boy.

Saw baaaaare text.Shoulda added some colour. Or a pic or suttin.Attention werent grabbed.
Are you still hurting about your time in Peckham.I woulda tried to get your trainers back from them girls but Peckham aint my ends boy.
laugh.gif f*ck RIGHT THE f*ck OFF YOU f*ck.

LMAO.

Guest haze-e
laugh.gif f*ck RIGHT THE f*ck OFF YOU f*ck.
Lool :D

Guest ShabbzE3

SO f*ck*ng HARD TO GET A JOB PEOPLE HAVE TO LIEWHEN I GOTO SOME BANKS ETC AND SEE THE DOPEY SODS THAT WORK THERE I ALLLLWAYS THINK" THHHHHHE f*ck AM I DOING WROOOONG ???? "So im trying my new cv with bended truths

do u not blame ppl its f*ck*ng hard getting a job
co-sign..Seriously, If u aint lying on your CV it aint gonna happen..My sis works as a recruitment cosultant and she tells me levels of what CV's need to be like..They are some certain things that if u aint got on your cv or twanged in a way, It aint gonna happen.. U need to stand out from the millions of CV's out there and if that takes lying then its gonna be done.. My sis tweaked my cv for me, It wasnt even bad in the first place and trust the resullts the changes bought were alot.. Obviously, dont be a pleb and lie about having an aeronautical engineering degree then gettin front of the job and u cant perform.. My sis friend twanged her CV for some IT job 70k+, She couldnt even perform the basics and they clocked, she got fired instantly and she was lucky they didnt take it further. I think the only thing that saved her was she did actually have a degree in computer science..B4 u lie, just do your research and be clued up to a very solid foundation level.Remember, every cat & dog as a degree now, so what makes u stand out from the rest?End of the day Companies & recruiters just want to hear a echo of what they want. Notg really what u can offer.

I've lied before, but more times than not it's just selective wording that makes sh*t sound better than actually is, so in that instance I'm not atcually lying. And I still didn't have too much luck.Right now, this work placement is an opportunity I'm going to make the best of because it could be what actually gets me a solid job after uni.

According to my CV:

- I didn't pass my A-levels, because during exams I was kidnapped and kept in a cupboard in Mexico - I invented the Geiger counter- I have a Double First from Cambridge in Maths & Classics- I wrote The Brothers Karamazov- The conviction was a misunderstanding, I was standing behind a shop cash register, peeling an apple, when the cashier ran into my knife backwards 8 times.- I founded WaterAidReferences available.
It really works. The "references available" makes it seem like you're legit.