Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Afroman

Redman & Method Man Reunite For "Blackout 2" Album

20 posts in this topic

Method Man and Redman are back in the studio together after nearly 10 years, recording a new collabo project Blackout 2, which will be the follow-up to the duo's platinum selling disc Blackout! The two rappers' chemistry has already scored them co-starring roles in the flick How High an endorsement deal for Right Guard deodorant and their own short-lived Fox sitcom, "Method & Red." Now they're back at it in the studio. "A lot of good music comin' out this year," Redman told sitdownstandup.com. "You're especially gonna hear from us, finally." The album features production by Gilla House, E-Sermon and Rocwilder and there may even be a DJ Premier track or two before recording wraps. "Preemo, we need some heat baby!" Red shouted. "We need some heat right now baby!" "Treach need to be on this sh*t, too." In addition to Meth and Red's collabo, the two are sharing a mic with almost 70 other emcees for a 2008 Along with Meth and Red, David Banner, Chamillionaire, Nelly, Busta, and Ne-Yo are among the artists putting a new spin on the 1989 inspirational rap song "Self Destruction" called "Self Construction." regeneration of KRS-One's new Stop the Violence Movement. "Anything positive is always good for the hip-hop community," Redman said. "I remember when the first 'Self Destruction' came out, that sh*t was hot. I wasn't in the game to get on it but now I'm in the game, so why not be a part of history?" The first version was recorded by the Stop the Violence All-Stars, an East Coast collective including KRS, Whodini, Miss Melody, MC Lyte, D-Nyce, Doug E Fresh, Heavy D, Public Enemy and others. Blackout 2 is expected to hit shelves this summer and Muddy Waters 2 will
ONE of the best news in terms of hiphop have heard this year.Now this will be an album I will be looking foward to. Blackout was a classic imo.. It will be nice to hear both of them goimng back to back again and rockwilder on the production its a wrap...

But would they be able to be in the same mindstate they were in when they did Blackout before? Look at the last albums they put out. not really anything to make you want to come back. But the production should be sick, plus they are too sick when they combine.

Actually, I just downloaded Blackout again. I forgot how sick this album was.Cereal Killer, Y.O.U., 4 Seasons, Dats Dat sh*t, Da Rockwilder, Run 4 Cover>>>_________

titan set me a link to the blackout! album please, for download

BIG.Can't wait for this.Going to see them in a coupla weeks, it's gonna be f*ck*ng SICK.

BIG.Can't wait for this.Going to see them next week, it's gonna be f*ck*ng SICK.

BIG.Can't wait for this.Going to see them in a coupla weeks, it's gonna be f*ck*ng SICK.
Where fam?

They're at Shepherd's Bush this Wednesday, and I'm guessing Glasgow some day after...

Where fam?
Glasgow.Carling Academy.March 29.

titan set me a link to the blackout! album please, for download

My tickets flopped was looking forward to this.f*ck*ng sick rapper probably my favourite active rappers in hiphop

had to download some classic redman sh*t just to remeber how sick he wasglad the topic maker mentioned the news about blackout 2, because blackout was a serious album, been bumping it all daythanks afroman/titan

one of them albums that will be brought no qualms. Blackout 1 still gets bumped regular today.

Cant wait for this.Seein them on Wednesday

blackout was siiiick this could be a good year for hip hop

Both their last albums were flops....soooo...... dry.gif
So what?Their last album together was fire......soooooo........ :D

this gnna be sickbut unfortionalty bet it flopsno promono push no hypehope not tho