Ronaldo must prove it against the big boys

MrJibbles

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going on like ronaldo hasnt scored against milan the best comparisson i can make is zidane/figo at one stage figo was blatently the best in the world, but because of where he played out on the wing he couldnt influence the game like zidane could and even in tat period whre figo was better then zidane, zidane still got the best in the world tag....only way ronaldo can get that tag is if we do a barca and stick hhim center foward for the majority of big games like they used to do with dinho and even when he played wing tell him not to come into his own half...its so much harder for a winger to be the best in the world

going on like ronaldo hasnt scored against milan the best comparisson i can make is zidane/figo at one stage figo was blatently the best in the world, but because of where he played out on the wing he couldnt influence the game like zidane could and even in tat period whre figo was better then zidane, zidane still got the best in the world tag....only way ronaldo can get that tag is if we do a barca and stick hhim center foward for the majority of big games like they used to do with dinho and even when he played wing tell him not to come into his own half...its so much harder for a winger to be the best in the world
c/sSo n/a where you be at fool? You was going on like I was chatting sh*t. I rarely watch football and you was wrong. Come defen' it

LOL like he hasnt got that tag right now. WTF.

LOL like he hasnt got that tag right now. WTF.
True, lets be honest Ronaldo plays as a SS a lot of the time.

Then there is Ronaldo’s playing record in the Champions League. By no stretch of the imagination can his displays in this competition be compared with the mind-boggling performances he is producing in the Premier League.
Its true
6 Goals and an assit in 7 games would say different
How many times do I have to say Im not talking about goals

I rate Ronaldo alot more now but I still think Kaka is better.
Lets be real, Ronaldo will NEVER have the technical ability Kaka possesses.But Ronaldo (as sum1 said b4 me) is a physical phenomenon and Kaka cant live with his pace/power and athletisicm, Ronaldo is more effective than Kaka over a whole season.But in the big games where the other teams have players with the attributes to combat that you need a magician, a genius to break the deadlock. In those type of games youd want kaka in your side EVERYTIME cos while you can combat physical prowess like for like, there is NO answer to a moment of genius.

c/sSo n/a where you be at fool? You was going on like I was chatting sh*t. I rarely watch football and you was wrong. Come defen' it
iceberg said wingers dont win world player of the year cos of the position they playfair enough over the course of a season the top players r more likely to shine in the central positionu said
End of the day, Ronaldo is not in a position to influence them games. Main players in them games are central midfielders and they are the ones that get MOTM more time.
which is rubbishin ONE off games against top 4 clubsthere is no reasaon why a winger cant influnece the game nd get man of the matchplus to make it worse u said ronaldo cant influence games from that positionwhen ronaldo is man u s most influential playerplus as ferguson said he dont even play in the position of a conventional winger

iceberg said wingers dont win world player of the year cos of the position they playfair enough over the course of a season the top players r more likely to shine in the central positionu said
End of the day, Ronaldo is not in a position to influence them games. Main players in them games are central midfielders and they are the ones that get MOTM more time.
which is rubbishin ONE off games against top 4 clubsthere is no reasaon why a winger cant influnece the game nd get man of the matchplus to make it worse u said ronaldo cant influence games from that positionwhen ronaldo is man u s most influential playerplus as ferguson said he dont even play in the position of a conventional winger
Well I've hardly ever seen a winger be the most influencial in big games Ive ever watched.Ronaldo, Man Us main player over 90mins? Apart from his goals and that, I think he's less influential than he's been in previous seasons tbh, but thats not realiable.But I'm not even gonna argue this any further 'cause I watch from a distance, dont really scrutiniseAfter re-reading "that guy"'s post, he's not only saying its hard to be best in the world, he is in effect saying what I'm saying about CMs having more influence than Wingers

lol @ him not being a wingerhes played 36 gameshes started 3 of those games this season up frontand in those other 33 hes probably played up front for a large period of the 90 mins about what? 5-10 times??and other than that he drift in and out of that position on regular occastions

some of you lot are so sillyKaka scored a sick goal against man U in the 1st leg yes, the 2nd goal, the defenders made a stupid mistake which granted him a 1 on 1 with the keeper (Evra knocking Heinze over)2nd Leg, took hes first goal exceptionally well, and played well through out the match, even thoguh Gattuso was man of the match, but ye it was against our 2nd choice defence with a 10% fit Vidiic who got rushed back from injury..played sick yes, but actually taking time to think about his "individual brilliance" he produced over the 2 legs that everyone hypes about, you will actually realise in the situations given, it wasn't actually THATTT great..but football is football, f*ck excuses, hes still the 2nd best player in the world happy.gif

Guest Mickey Kane
lol @ him not being a wingerhes played 36 gameshes started 3 of those games this season up frontand in those other 33 hes probably played up front for a large period of the 90 mins about what? 5-10 times??and other than that he drift in and out of that position on regular occasions
The point I was making is people in this thread are going on like CR7 is asked to play like traditional winger when he's not. The likes of Petrov for example, play in a traditional manner. If he doesn't influence a game as much as his ability should allow him too, he has more reason to be excused. CR7 does not because he has that freedom to roam.I still think people are talking sh*t with CR7 not performing on a big stage though. He was going on sick agaisnt France in the WC 2006 semi-final (A game he didn't score in). CR7 has raped Arsenal twice IMO (FA Cup final & when he took Ashley Cole to school at OT in his 1st season) which IMO were performances twice as good as his performance in our last game at the Emirates in which he scored. So saying that, it's not enough constantly bringing statistics into the argument @ Alex/Patrice Evra & Young Money.I just think it isn't a good idea to perpetuate the myth that because CR7 plays on the wing, he can't be the major influence in a top game because I can hand you a dozen examples of wingers influencing major games in recent times.

Kaka has looked like a shell of last years player teams like Napoli are making him look like any Danny Murphy.Ronaldo is better than him even though I agree he is more of a physical phenomenon (like Rooney,Gerrard) than a technically gifted one. That doesn't take away the fact that Kaka has looked 2nd tier standard footballer this season while Ronaldo was consistent last year and this.Besides it is easier to mark a winger than a attacking midfielder the winger will get locked off by the fullback and the opposing winger while the attacking midfielder can only be marked by one player as that would leave the opposition spaces to expliot in other areas.

Guest Mickey Kane
some of you lot are so sillyKaka scored a sick goal against man U in the 1st leg yes, the 2nd goal, the defenders made a stupid mistake which granted him a 1 on 1 with the keeper (Evra knocking Heinze over)2nd Leg, took hes first goal exceptionally well, and played well through out the match, even thoguh Gattuso was man of the match, but ye it was against our 2nd choice defence with a 10% fit Vidiic who got rushed back from injury..played sick yes, but actually taking time to think about his "individual brilliance" he produced over the 2 legs that everyone hypes about, you will actually realise in the situations given, it wasn't actually THATTT great..but football is football, f*ck excuses, hes still the 2nd best player in the world happy.gif
Sorry, I need peeps to stop going on like he didn't take the piss outta Evra & Heinze's life with goal. Evra didn't just knock into Heinze like that. Kaka took advantage, nodded the ball slightly forward with his head and MADE Evra do that.Kaka was extremely influential in that 1st leg.

lol @ him not being a wingerhes played 36 gameshes started 3 of those games this season up frontand in those other 33 hes probably played up front for a large period of the 90 mins about what? 5-10 times??and other than that he drift in and out of that position on regular occasions
The point I was making is people in this thread are going on like CR7 is asked to play like traditional winger when he's not. The likes of Petrov for example, play in a traditional manner. If he doesn't influence a game as much as his ability should allow him too, he has more reason to be excused. CR7 does not because he has that freedom to roam.I still think people are talking sh*t with CR7 not performing on a big stage though. He was going on sick agaisnt France in the WC 2006 semi-final (A game he didn't score in). CR7 has raped Arsenal twice IMO (FA Cup final & when he took Ashley Cole to school at OT in his 1st season) which IMO were performances twice as good as his performance in our last game at the Emirates in which he scored. So saying that, it's not enough constantly bringing statistics into the argument @ Alex/Patrice Evra & Young Money.I just think it isn't a good idea to perpetuate the myth that because CR7 plays on the wing, he can't be the major influence in a top game because I can hand you a dozen examples of wingers influencing major games in recent times.
i am not one making the excuse cause he's a winger he shouldn't be perform, he does and did perform in big games, but as of these 2 seasons he has been scoring for fun, so people are bringing up the argument, he didnt do that before/he cant do it when it matters, hes got a hell of a long way to gobut when the world player of the year awards come again, we'll seego on then, would like to know or be reminded of a few

Guest Mickey Kane
i am not one making the excuse cause he's a winger he shouldn't be perform, he does and did perform in big games, but as of these 2 seasons he has been scoring for fun, so people are bringing up the argument, he didnt do that before/he cant do it when it matters, hes got a hell of a long way to gobut when the world player of the year awards come again, we'll seego on then, would like to know or be reminded of a few
Pennant (CL Final)Beckham (England vs. Greece WC Qualifiers)Ronaldo (Portugal vs. France WC)Reyes (Arsenal vs. Real Madrid CL 2005/2006)Beckham (Portugal v.s England Euro 2000)Schweinsteiger (Most of Germany's WC run including the game vs. Italy)It's hard, I've been tryna mention the more high-profile games.

lol @ not seeing the defenders granting him that goalif evra was more composed at that moment, stayed on his feet, ran back to around the penalty area and stood his ground, heinze would of still been with him and then it wouldnt of been that easy for himbut touche, didnt remember that little header, great skillbut thats more a defensive error in my book