The single most underated player ever

Admin.

michael_carrick.jpgEvery time i read a football article disscussing players who shouldnt play for England, who are bit part players, not good enough for top 4 clubs and or underachieveing.....one name pops up each and every timeApart from rio and cristiano, micheal carrick has probably been man utds next best player this season and after recovering from injury he has come back to dislodge fletcher, hargreeves and anderson who all jumped ahead of him with good performances them selves this season.... it has gotten to the point where i think there is some FA hate campaign out there on him for his 1 bad performance all season against Germany in the friendly at Wembley....Ive had enough of reading papers, articles, blogs and listening to the radio and podcasts of people who clearly dont watch man utd and only see ronaldos goal on highlights on sky sports news in the morning going on about him, when they are clearly wrong.I think im going to start a "Micheal Carrick is World Class" Group on Facebook and look to make a petition from then on there.....any opinions on Micheal (only those who have witnessed him play 90mins on more then one occasion this year please comment on his form) ?thank you...

Guest M12 Part 2

his passing is world class. but if he wants to be a true holding midfielder whos gona draw the plaudits. he needs to improve the defensive side of his game. IMO he offers little to no protection for a back 4 and if he wants to play deep hes going to have to learn.

Its not true hes currently our number 1 center midfielder.....this is just one of those things people are saying because they think hes not playing for man united and hes not up to fergies standards..... dumb wankersbuy sky sports and setanta we are on every other week at least and if you miss that game of the day... your meant to be a sports journo as a proffession, if your not watching every game then your slacking f*ck*ng hate english media and english football

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

***goes against the grain*** he's playing very well but i don't think he's world class. Great on the ball i feel, but his movement and positioning isn't that great so won't be a world class deep lying playmaker and he doesn't get in enough scoring positions to be a world class attacking playmaker.Still think 16 mil was too much.waits for the hate.

theres only 2 faults in carricks game i dont wanna hear anything about hsi defending ecause thats a myth imo hes better at it then hargreeves its just hargo runs around forever....and they are sometimes he dwells on the ball too much and he doesnt score enough...but considering he was top goal scorer for players in his position last season out of all the big players xabi alonso, xavi, fabregas, pirlo etc...

huddlestone aint fit to clean carricks boots mate

Huddlestones less mobile and not as easy on the eye [no homo], Huddz is probably a touch better technique in the pass though and Rocket shot both feet.Carrick doesnt shoot enough for me, for someone that classy he needs to be letting fly from outside the box on a regular imo.I 1st saw him in the FA Youth Cup final against Coventry at Upton Park, knew he was gona a special player from them times.I think 1 journalist said it best when comparing another midfielder to him after a matchSaid the guy was like a Ford Fiesta compared to Carrick who is a Bentley and just ooozes class.

his passing is world class. but if he wants to be a true holding midfielder whos gona draw the plaudits. he needs to improve the defensive side of his game. IMO he offers little to no protection for a back 4 and if he wants to play deep hes going to have to learn.
Disagree, he kept our backline protected, he's very good defensivly. Spurs fan took it for granted as you could see how much he did now that we have Zokora. His performance against Utd away (Jenas scored that freekick) was class, kept utd attackers on lock and ran that midfield. Probally was the reason why Fergie bought him, he has a habbit of buying players who have played well against utd.

Every1 knows my opinion on Carrick..This guy is classHes not a holding player, hes a deep lying playmaker, sum1 who starts attacks from any area of the pitchTop draw, Capello is a mug for not playing him yetA nxt ting I clocked is the shitty pundits, they neva praise Carrick and give him the props

Guest ShabbzE3
Carragher.
why even mention this character in this topic
Same way as why you replying back as it will cause the topic to turn into aload of sh*t. You know its a joke just let it go tbhP.SNot avin a dig :D

Guest Sho Case

i think hes SICK1 of the man u players i watch closelyi used to think he would offer more to man u once he stopped playing alongside scholeshe can pull the strings given the responsibilityi think he protects the back 4/snuffs out danger with less fuss than your conventional defensive minded midfielderwhen man u played chelsea at home this season i think it was, he was the best player on the pitchhe showed how good he is defensivelyoffensively,he needs to produce more games like the roma 1 at old trafford last yearhis 2 goals showed his technical ability,should attempt to produce like that more oftensick passershould always start for man u IMOi think he will get his plaudits next seasonATM,it seems he is unappreciated by some peoplenot sure if they watch him enough if at all

Carrick is so underrated it's beyond belief.He starts so many attacks with that killer ball, splits defences unbelievably it's jaw dropping (slight exaggeration but you catch my drift).I sit there waiting and waiting and waiting for pundits whether it be the commentators or back in the studio to say something but he gets no mention whatsoever. I personally have to disagree with 'his lack of positioning' because it's his positioning and vision which allows him to pass the ball so well and in regards to his movement, well if he can pick out them passes then it's not a big deal, though it could improve if he got in the box like Scholes did back 2002-03 times where he'd pop up and score many goals.But let's not get carried away with 'superbly immensely top 5 world class player', cos his not (I know that wasn't said but I know how "that guy" and his bait dropping attribute goes especially when people rise to it).Anyway, only if this forum was the majority cos it seems most people here rate him, too bad the rest of the World don't.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

I would have said Carrick but I wouldnt say the most ever.Man is sick but gets less acknowledgement because he plays with other insnae players, but he is stillr egarded as good.I was thinking more OUTSIDE the top 4 players..

3rd or 4th best player for us this season, AND he was our second best player last season.WHEN WE WON THE LEAGUE.He is way too much. ROFLMAO @ Saying he doesnt offer much defensively. Does his defensive duties better than players like Flamini, Alonso and Pirlo.Reads the game better than 99% of footballers. Doesnt need to run around much as he is always in the right place. Makes about a gazillion interceptions in a game.Too sick. I ahvent even come on to his passing yet. Jeebus. The guy could carve open a 9 man defence with his eyes closed.Only person that Ive seen that can pass better is Pirlo.f*ck knows how he aint in england squad, biggest joke of all time.Sick guy