Radamel Falcao García Zárate

Sinister

Colombian star Falcao a target for Manchester United

Manchester United are tracking £15million-rated Colombian goal-scoring sensation Falcao as an alternative to Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov.United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has received glowing reports on the prolific River Plate forward - full name Radamel Falcao Garcia Zarate.Falcao, 22, is similar in style to United striker Carlos Tevez, and has scored 38 goals in 58 games for his Argentine club.His strike rate has also attracted interest from Real Madrid and Juventus.Berbatov remains United's top summer transfer target but Spurs are reluctant to sell to another English club, which is why they have quoted a fee of £30m for their prized asset.Tottenham are willing to accept a lower price from a foreign side, but do not want to see Berbatov go to one of the Premier League's big four while they themselves have Champions League ambitions .Falcao, nicknamed El Tigre, is renowned for his lethal finishing and has stated his ambition to move to a big European club.Meanwhile, Ben Foster will go on United's pre-season tour of South Africa as their No.1 keeper in the absence of Edwin van der Sar and Tomasz Kuszczak.England keeper Foster, who has made just one appearance for United, is determined to fight for a place under Fergie, rather than going out on loan again.With van der Sar on an extended break following his exploits for Holland at Euro 2008 and Kuszczak injured, Foster has the chance to impress Ferguson on the three-game tour later this month.AdvertisementUnited return for pre-season training today, while those involved at Euro 2008 have an extra fortnight off. Wayne Rooney is not due back until Friday following his honeymoon.
Anyone know who he is?He any good?
  • Downvote 2

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

smells like bullshit, but no never heard of him. After Forlan i would think fergies wary of signing a striker based on his south america scoring record.

yeah he is class been on fm for god knows how long but ive seen him play for river 10-15 times as well as Columbia Would love him at man united would take time to settle in of course but if given time he would be a good signing, hes a better version of Juan Pablo Angel who i rate pretty high (in his prime).

On this subject, who knows about Jonas Gutierrez. Dont watch Spanish football.Alex?
yh hes a really good playera tall left winger, suprised hes gone to newcastle would of expected him to go to a bigger club (no offence)current starter for the argentine national sidehas his bad days tho

smells like bullshit, but no never heard of him. After Forlan i would think fergies wary of signing a striker based on his south america scoring record.
Forlan has proved he's a badman striker, just took his time 2 find his feet, something in reality which you don't really have the liberty to do at a club like Man Utd as a striker.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
Forlan has proved he's a badman striker, just took his time 2 find his feet, something in reality which you don't really have the liberty to do at a club like Man Utd as a striker.
I know just saying he would probably buy a player from a european league in the future. Gutierrez should be a very good signing, but i thought that about Emre. Probably means we're going back to 4-4-2.

• 3 years later...