what do you think is more heartfelt around the world? Obama's inaguration or Michael Jackson's death?

arkain47

Yea I mean 9/11 was a massive shock and I felt for the people ect but the way Michaels been a part of your from day 1 it's like losing a massive part of your history.
cosign. what someone said earlier aswell about it signifying the end of ur childhood or woteva. deep stuff
That's the killer There's never gonna be an artist that you can emotionally invest 20 or even 10 years of your life on the same stratospheric level as Michael Jackson from here on I guess it's a commentary on the ailing music industry now that there probably can never be a mega-star in the same vein

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael.
Clearly.
it's not even an issue.in terms of world events for our generation (1990-2009) it goes1 - Sept 11th2 - Diana (close 2nd, only reason this aint #1 is cos there was no internet to spread it further)3 - Jacko4 - Mandela5 - Obama6 - others
C/SDiana was a good woman.Whoever called her easy is stupid because that is an allegation just like Wacko molesting minors.
Was you even 10 when Diana died? I dont think so. Diana was promiscuous, no doubt about it. I'm sure she admitted to cheating on Charles in the Panorama interview with Martin Bashir. James Hewitt was beating (Harry's dad still), even Will Carling claimed he was beating. Little yout's need to know thier place and keep quiet while big people are talkingTo me Jacko tops all but in terms of global effect 9/11 deffo and Diana possibly.

this is the problem with the world, a f*ck*ng popstar being held in higher regard than princess diana, so she slept around a bit, better than sleeping with kids.
f*ck the media hype, formal titles, difference in occupation titles and sh*t; lets strip it to basics of who did what and how these people touched lives. What did she do that was so great apart? She was born into royalty and married a distant cousin. The best thing she did was raise her profile by supporting a campaign against land mines. I can bet it cos she was a nobody (no longer a real princess) that she did it. I mean she didnt do anything when she was Princess did she? Apart from that she attended movie premieres, best looking princess (anything is better than Fergie) and play with paps.Michael Jackson did so much more than that to peoples lives. From people are saying he helped shape their childhood and can recollect copying his moves, listening to his music etc. he did more than she did. So I ask you again, what did Princess Di do apart from seek attention in hope of clinging onto some sort of fame and cheat on her distant cousin? Raggs, if Victoria Beckham turned around tomorrow and started doing things for charity or some similar campaign to what Di did, she'd be on her level.Bono >>>>> that attention-seeker Bob Geldof >>>>> ______ >>>>>>>> Princess Di

I think they were both good Humanitarians, but you gotta look at the situation from your personal perspective and I know 9/11 was f*cked up but I don't think about that now, Diana was a f*cked up situation but she doesn't cross my mind day to day. Right now I don't think I will ever get over Michael Jacksons Death because of how much I Idolized the guy growing up.

Michael.
Clearly.
it's not even an issue.in terms of world events for our generation (1990-2009) it goes1 - Sept 11th2 - Diana (close 2nd, only reason this aint #1 is cos there was no internet to spread it further)3 - Jacko4 - Mandela5 - Obama6 - others
C/SDiana was a good woman.Whoever called her easy is stupid because that is an allegation just like Wacko molesting minors.
Was you even 10 when Diana died? I dont think so. Diana was promiscuous, no doubt about it. I'm sure she admitted to cheating on Charles in the Panorama interview with Martin Bashir. James Hewitt was beating (Harry's dad still), even Will Carling claimed he was beating. Little yout's need to know thier place and keep quiet while big people are talking.
c/s

Barack's inauguration for me.Seminal moment in history.Michael Jackson great superstar but f*cked up. Had it all and lost it. Sad he is dead but anyone who didn't feel a greater impact by the inauguration of a Black man to the white house than MJ's death needs to re-evaluate themselves.

Barack's inauguration for me.Seminal moment in history.Michael Jackson great superstar but f*cked up. Had it all and lost it. Sad he is dead but anyone who didn't feel a greater impact by the inauguration of a Black man to the white house than MJ's death needs to re-evaluate themselves.
Unless your not Black. Then it was just any next puppet taking the hot seat.

I respected your opinion until the last part. Why do they need to re-evaluate themselves?

The thing is with Michael they had been killing him off for years. Him in wheelchairs, him dying, him having some rare moonwalking skin growth of an elephant cancer was the norm when it came to stories of him. No one thought it would ever really happen... apart of his mystery was the mystery surrounding his health... it was all tabloid to us.

I respected your opinion until the last part. Why do they need to re-evaluate themselves?
OK I get your point.He was a superstar, I mean I have grown up with his music since I was born so I get why people feel a great sense of loss.BUT I do not think ANYONE here should think MJ's death is bigger than the inauguration of the first Black man as President of the United States.

Personally I'm of the Oppinion Michael Jackson has done more for the Black community than Barrack Obama. I know 'some' of the Black Community felt a lot for Obamas presidency, but I dunno anyone from any race who doesn't feel something for Michael Jacksons Legacy.

Personally I'm of the Oppinion Michael Jackson has done more for the Black community than Barrack Obama. I know 'some' of the Black Community felt a lot for Obamas presidency, but I dunno anyone from any race who doesn't feel something for Michael Jacksons Legacy.
I wholeheartedly c/s this tbh. Michael gave nearly every prominant black musician hope, influence and in many cases a style to work with. Barack has and will do what in comparison exactly?Obama's was symbolic and a historical achievement. There is not way on Earth I would try to play down the event. Has it made an impression on me or effected my life in anyway shape or form? Honestly? Nah, not in the slightest in comparison to Michael.

Michael.
Clearly.
Was you even 10 when Diana died? I dont think so. Diana was promiscuous, no doubt about it. I'm sure she admitted to cheating on Charles in the Panorama interview with Martin Bashir. James Hewitt was beating (Harry's dad still), even Will Carling claimed he was beating. Little yout's need to know thier place and keep quiet while big people are talkingTo me Jacko tops all but in terms of global effect 9/11 deffo and Diana possibly.
Beg you shut up :arrow: Calling me a little yout, from when my mother cried when Diana's funeral was shown live on TV I knew the significance because my mum is no blind follower.But regardless calling Diana a bosh is not fair, you're talking like the media and word of mouth didn't influence your decision and this was first hand knowledge.TBH if I was 10 years old this really would impact me but I'm not anymore and I am more aware of MJ as a person.But this guy only caught the worlds attention because of his pairing of great music and mad antics, if he was normal black guy with a wide nose then half the world WOULD NOT CARE.

This is what I'm thinking.Bare small-world people out there.Like to say that the world suffers more when one person dies from a drug overdose, than when hundreds do from a terrorist attack and thousands more from the ensuing war.
THISguys are acting dumb

tbh michael jacksons death will be more heartfelt globallyfor the fact that, there are a bunch of racists out there that cant help but love michael jacksons tunesadd to that the people who didnt want obama to get into power/not necessarily racist/wanted him to get into power for their own gains but still loved michael jacksons music

f*ck it am wafflin now.Basically talking about a Tragic thing happening to innocent people in 9/11 but from wha appears to also be a very dodgy government involvement and it's tha government that used 9/11 as an excuse to go and start f*ck*ng up countries that shouldn't concern them.

Guest Cipher

Nothing to do with racists lol9/11 is bigger, its ripples were far greater than MJs death could ever bePeople CANT connect with 9/11 though, it was in a foreign country far away happening to people that had never met and didnt know, while people found it SHOCKING, them not knowing anyone gave them a sense of detatchment from the situationMichael jackson however, his music has been heard by millions of people for decades, you listen to a record by him, its from his soul, you feel you are connected with him and you know him, songs of his take you back to when you were a child, fond memories, happy times, so when he dies, its like those memories die in someway, or at least the fondness and now they are tinged with sadnessThats the differenceAs much As I love the mans music its SAD when the loss of his life is felt more keenly / COVERED more than the loss of the 9/11 victims, or the many victims in the middle east that suffer the same type of thing monthly+'Heartfelt' is being used in totally the wrong way in this thread.