Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Planet

Rootkits in system 32.

18 posts in this topic

AVG has found one saying it is hidden in a file, but it is not giving me advice on what to do.I can delete it but with it being in sys32 it could possibly f*ck up my OS.So do I back up?If so, how safely?

no idea what a variant is

So what have you done since the topic? Still using the comp with the virus?

best thing to do is find out the name of the virus google it then find out wht other way u can delete it with out f*ck*ng up the OS

good idea safeEDIT: just remembered i tried that lol

shot it to someone

Is it the free AVG / Pro / Security Suite?

Just got infected with this shizzle. Was nearly shitting myself when it was happening tbh. Neways I know someone else gonna catch it 'cause my eset nod32 can't even remove it, so....http://www.gmer.net/Good day.

This is starting to piss me off, the GMER app did nothing at all. Eset keeps saying it can't delete it, and it asks to reboot to fully clean it, but it comes up again! <.<Operating memory - Win32/Rootkit.Agent.ODG trojan - unable to cleanThat's what it says. Any help is appreciated.

Are you guys disabling SYSTEM RESTORE before you ran the scan to remove it?Also have you tried using other free scanner such as MalwareBytes?

I've used Mbam and that didn't do sh*t. I've used like 3-4 programs to get rid of it.And what do you mean disable the system restore?

I've used Mbam and that didn't do sh*t. I've used like 3-4 programs to get rid of it.And what do you mean disable the system restore?
cuz if it keeps backing up your system files for system restore, it'll just keep backing up the infected files as wellanti virus, firewall, spyware protection AND intrusion detection software is the way to go.get your anti virus to do a boot scan, as long as you get rid of infected files before it gets to load in windows you'll be kool.i recommend using Prevx http://www.prevx.com/ to run along with your anti virus and spyware protection.

still there mang
For all you peepz who are struggling with this. Holla at me if you want me to have a look remotely.

I see.PM me with the deet's of doing so.Don't know how to do this.