Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Em Dott

Quick help with ipods

6 posts in this topic

My girl and her mum's ipods aren't being recognised by my macbook or my old laptop, nor her own PC. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers yet both still aren't being recognised, as a result no music can be put on and they can't be charged as they don't provide plugs for ipods anymore.Anyone have any ideas? It was fine before and then all of a sudden it says "device not recognised". It has happened before with my friend and my sister's ipods, and then all of a sudden it started working. But it doesn't seem to be happening at all. Gonna try it on my old laptop but I doubt it will work in all honesty.

Had this problem before too.- Try a different USB slot- Try a different wire- Turn off iPod and then connect the wire

Tried those already.Was just speaking to her friend who works for Apple.She suggested holding Menu and the middle button together until the ipod restarts.If it still doesn't work hold down the middle button and the play button after the ipod has been restarted when the apple symbol appears. It's meant to put the ipod into disk mode.However, if this doesn't work like with my girl's and her mum's ipods, then hope the warranty is still on it so you can get it swapped. That's what I'm doing for theirs.

HAve you tried manually downloading the drivers for the models?

Yeah. Was the first thing I tried. And did it a number of times.Just gonna get new ones form Apple. Still under warranty so it shouldn't be a problem.

yeah i was gonna suggest the hard resettin/rebootin of the pods. I have to sometimes do that when it wants to play silly buggers when connectin to my car stereo :angry:its usually the menu n middle button together that u have to hold