So Vodafone are thinkin of buyin out...

Guest \o/

Guest Triple XXX

apparently the competition guys or whatever wont let it througheven tho its jus early rumours if they did theyve have 40% of the marketnt like T-Mobile is a failing bank n theylll jus look the other way

I just don't see it happening (anytime soon anyway).When talk of deutsche telekom selling TMuk first came about a few months ago ofcom said they wouldn't allow any of the other competitors to buy us. Except 3, who have the smallest market share but they wouldn't be able to buy us anyway.Any buyout by one of the other major networks will be bad news for the consumer.IF we get bought out I'm guessing it'll be a bt or virgin takeoverAs long as my lines aren't affected I couldn't care less, sh*t, they could make me redundant for all I care lol

I just don't see it happening (anytime soon anyway).When talk of deutsche telekom selling TMuk first came about a few months ago ofcom said they wouldn't allow any of the other competitors to buy us. Except 3, who have the smallest market share but they wouldn't be able to buy us anyway.Any buyout by one of the other major networks will be bad news for the consumer.IF we get bought out I'm guessing it'll be a bt or virgin takeoverAs long as my lines aren't affected I couldn't care less, sh*t, they could make me redundant for all I care lol
u work for tmobs?

u work for tmobs?
i work for orange :rolleyes:

u work for tmobs?
good for you.and yes vtec

u work for tmobs?
lmfao the cheeknot only did man answer a question not directed at him but man had the audacity roll his eyes :lol: :lol:

^^^:lol:

Competition commission will not allow.Would give Vodafone dominant monopoly power, they'll possibly start charging silly prices knowing all the other companies can't offer jack.
Plus voda and 02 network share, t-mobile and 3 network share....what would happen if voda bought t-mobile?3 get compensated? 4 networks all sharing and orange left outta the loop?Not to mention they only announced a cost-cutting initiative 2months ago...how the hell can they buy another company out!?!If it goes through voda are officially sick, but I just can't see it happening.but the market/economy is crazy so you never know..

Guest Triple XXX
vodaphone are the only ones who have twitter support so i support them with this
/Vodafone are the only ones in the UK that do contract with Soloowww come true vodafone i beg
what?

vodaphone are the only ones who have twitter support so i support them with this
/Vodafone are the only ones in the UK that do contract with Soloowww come true vodafone i beg
what?
solo and visa electron cards

Vodafone isn't said to be put-off by anti-competitive regulators such as Ofcom since networks with such dominance already exist in France, Italy and Spain. The development also fits in with Vodafone CEO Vittorio Colao's comments earlier this year that it was looking to consolidate operators. In February Vodafone bought 3 in Australia.

u work for tmobs?
same ere...

Guest Triple XXX

o cntbh jus if u want a contract, get a neteller account then get the net+ prepaid credit cardworks wonders n u dnt even need to top it up as long as u gt p in ur neteller acc it works directly off there

u work for tmobs?
PMSLTried jacking the limelight

Orange battles Vodafone for T-Mobile businessElizabeth Judge A fierce bidding battle has broken out for T-Mobile, the UK mobile business owned by Germany's Deutsche Telekom, with Orange going head-to-head with Vodafone for the operator. City sources said that Orange, the country's third-biggest mobile phone operator, is in advanced talks with the underperforming German business and that Vodafone was trying to gatecrash the deal. Vodafone, the country's second-biggest mobile operator, revealed yesterday that it had made a preliminary approach to the German group. The deal under discussion is said to allow Deutsche Telekom some participation in the upside, possibly by injecting T-Mobile UK into some kind of joint venture with Orange. Related LinksVodafone prepares to gobble up T-Mobile UK Vodafone and Orange agree mobiles in aircraft The two companies are said to have already costed the deal and identified 'synergy benefits' of between €4billion and €6billion. One person close to the situation said: "Both Vodafone and Orange have lodged bids for T-Mobile but it is not a forced seller. The business is not in a crisis situation and it is holding out for the offer that it wants." The rumoured price-tag for T-Mobile is around £3 billion. Earlier this month Orange sought to fend off speculation about its UK ambitions by denying it had lodged a bid for T-Mobile. A spokesman for France Telecom, its owner, said then: "We have made no offer for T-Mobile and.. we have not been asked to make an offer." Separately, France Telecom's finance head claimed that he was not interested in buying the business. Mobile phone analysts say intense pricing pressure and fierce competition has left the UK market ripe for consolidation. But regulators are likely to intensely scrutinise any deal between the major five players because of the concentration of power it would create. Vodafone would enjoy a 40 per cent market share if it tied-up with T-Mobile. Any tie-up is expected to be looked over by regulators in Brussels as well as by the UK competition authorities. The mobile phone companies argue that even if a deal was pulled-off the UK market would remain competitive with four major players and dozens of offerings from Tesco and other retailers who do not own their own networks.