U.S visa help

Bacardi_Up

Ok here's the story.My grandma died so I am going to her funeral in Toronto. I will being staying longer as a holiday.Been thinking about it but I have never been to New York and wish to travel there while I am in the vicinity.In order to do this I will be crossing by land from Toronto to New York.However problem. I cannot apply for a Visa because they do not allow walk-in applicants and i am travelling on Thursday so I have no time to make an appointment.I see they have a VISA Waiver Programme (VWP) for citizens of the UK that have a chip on their passports but again problem... in November I received a caution for common assault and one of the requirements is that you cannot have been ARRESTED for anything.So my question is there any way of getting a VISA in one day (tomorrow) to enter the U.S.Can I apply for a VISA when in Canada to enter the U.S.?Any help greatly appreciated1

do u have a chip on ur passport?if not, then the visa waiver program just requires you to fill out a form on the plane, and its just abt 8 questions where they ask you things like 'have you ever been arrested' and you tick yes or no, just tick no and you will be finethis is when you enter the US

Guest WAVESURFER
do u have a chip on ur passport?if not, then the visa waiver program just requires you to fill out a form on the plane, and its just abt 8 questions where they ask you things like 'have you ever been arrested' and you tick yes or no, just tick no and you will be finethis is when you enter the US
Yeah, basically this.Also, my condolences on your grandma dying.

Thanks for the condolences.Only concern I have about lying is that I have heard of instances where people have been permanently from entering the U.S for lying. Citing fraud as the reason.

you need to fill out the online visa form before you enter, if you are entering the US by air, regardless. when you do it, its valid for 2 yrs but you could be turned back if you havent done it before travelling there. you can do it in canada, or it may be best to do it online there in uk before you travel. it takes 48 hours or less so you may get it back b4 u leave. if you plan on driving from canada into the us or any other road transport then you dont need the online form only your passport, but make sure you take your return ticket to the UK with you.check the US embassy's website as they may have updated stuff

Thanks for the condolences.Only concern I have about lying is that I have heard of instances where people have been permanently from entering the U.S for lying. Citing fraud as the reason.
Only fraud if they catch you...All I'm sayin if you lie, get your story together & keep it 100, regardless of how many different staff ask you the same questions.

you need to fill out the online visa form before you enter, if you are entering the US by air, regardless. when you do it, its valid for 2 yrs but you could be turned back if you havent done it before travelling there. you can do it in canada, or it may be best to do it online there in uk before you travel. it takes 48 hours or less so you may get it back b4 u leave. if you plan on driving from canada into the us or any other road transport then you dont need the online form only your passport, but make sure you take your return ticket to the UK with you.check the US embassy's website as they may have updated stuff
What about that thing about arrests. I wanna work in the U.S one so a bit worried by this.

Only fraud if they catch you...All I'm sayin if you lie, get your story together & keep it 100, regardless of how many different staff ask you the same questions.
Do they just catch you lieing there and cite fraud.Or will they do some check see a caution weeks down the line and black list my name.i have no problem lying on the spot if thats it. But Do wanna work in the U.S. within the the next couple of years so yeah don't them to be doing investigations weeks down the line and determining that I lied.

To be honest if you get in, that should be in the end of it. I'm 99% sure. Never heard of anyone being deported after be accessed a visiting visa that doesnt expire obviously.However the fact you travelling on a UK passport but coming in from Canada might raise eyebrows at the visa point in the airport, then things like how long your staying, where your staying, how many people your with, etc, might raise more issues and tbh if the lie is hiding your criminal past, you ideally wanna go clean thru avoiding the box room, not that the box room is a problem, cos I been in it a lot, you just like I said have to keep your story 100, cos thats where they try to mess with your head even if you aint guilty of anything.

i wonder what some of you are basing your stories on.. cos things get updated every few months.you need an online visa to travel to the US ..simple. its not a visa per say but its an addition to the advanced notice you do with the airlines, this one you do by yourself and must be done 48hrs b4 traveling unless you have an open visa i.e. entertainment/diplomats etc.and dont bother lieing, or explaining your lie cos youll be banned or barred regardless. rehabilitation of offenders act does not apply to the us so basically they dont give a sh*t how much you now work with homeless charities after your offence no matter how minor it is/was. so the only solution is not to tell them what they dont need to know. any crimes or arrests/offences committed in the UK is none of their business to know, they dont have access to your files unless your'e a peado, on a terrorist watchlist, or on other major high crime lists like drugs and smuggling. people thinking that by being honest and telling them they were arrested for WHATEVER REASON, whatever the outcome, will permanently remove you from the visa waiver thing so you will NEVER EVER be able to travel to the US without applying for a visa the proper way. and depending on the type of offence and how it translates to to US law, you can be barred for 2-10ys or forever. if in doubt check the US embassy website rather than listen to outdated info (apart form mine of course)

What about a (minor, drugs, received fine) criminal conviction?I wanna go visit some family in the near future but I don't know if they cud pull up my record
that will probably automate as a felony which will give you a 2-5yr ban from going to the US plus permanent removal from the Visa waiver program. youll have to book appointments and spend up to $200 each time you wanna travel basically. so when asked that question 38 on the form, just say no.they cant pull up your form from anywhere, if you say yes..thats why they ask YOU to bring your own police file. but your fingerprints, passport and everything about you including the file you take will be registered on their files for good. so youll always have to inform them every time you want to travel.. just say no basically. blame bush
international travelers who are seeking to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) are now subject to enhanced security requirements.On August 1, 2008, the Department of Homeland Security began accepting voluntary registrations from qualified VWP travelers under the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). From January 12, 2009, ESTA becomes mandatory for all qualified VWP travelers entering the United States on or after that date with the exception of citizens of the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and the Republic of Korea for whom ESTA is mandatory if entering the United States on or after November 17, 2008. ESTA applies only to those VWP travelers entering the United States by air or sea.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/esta.html it was delayed for a bit for UK citizens, and started in jan this yr, but they were lenient up till April..anything after that ur most likely gonna be turned back.

What about a (minor, drugs, received fine) criminal conviction?I wanna go visit some family in the near future but I don't know if they cud pull up my record
that will probably automate as a felony which will give you a 2-5yr ban from going to the US plus permanent removal from the Visa waiver program. youll have to book appointments and spend up to $200 each time you wanna travel basically. so when asked that question 38 on the form, just say no.they cant pull up your form from anywhere, if you say yes..thats why they ask YOU to bring your own police file. but your fingerprints, passport and everything about you including the file you take will be registered on their files for good. so youll always have to inform them every time you want to travel.. just say no basically. blame bush
international travelers who are seeking to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) are now subject to enhanced security requirements.On August 1, 2008, the Department of Homeland Security began accepting voluntary registrations from qualified VWP travelers under the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). From January 12, 2009, ESTA becomes mandatory for all qualified VWP travelers entering the United States on or after that date with the exception of citizens of the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and the Republic of Korea for whom ESTA is mandatory if entering the United States on or after November 17, 2008. ESTA applies only to those VWP travelers entering the United States by air or sea.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/esta.html it was delayed for a bit for UK citizens, and started in jan this yr, but they were lenient up till April..anything after that ur most likely gonna be turned back.
edit: nevermind uve already answered that. Cheers