Miguel Veloso "O TF é à nora, sim mim era em contacto com o arsenal mas o don' t compreende porque os relatórios do TF sugeriram não"

Guest Tulse Hill

Guest Tulse Hill

Miguel Veloso is set to leave Sporting Lisbon this summer despite recent comments made by the midfielder. At least four Premier League clubs are reported to be chasing the £13m man. The versatile star was limited to just 21 League appearances last season (15 starts) and is finally set to leave his homeland after being continually linked with moves abroad in recent seasons.The player himself told the Portuguese press, “I want to play and be a champion for Sporting.”However, he left the door open to a move to the Premier League when he said, “I am fine where I am, but I have the dream to play abroad and that is normal in every young player.”Bolton made a move to sign the Portuguese star back in January which was confirmed by the midfielder’s agent Paulo Barbosa. When asked if Bolton were likely to sign the player, he told Setanta.com, “No, no it is not true. Bolton, no.”“It is true they were interested in January but Sporting refused an offer for €12 million.When asked about Arsenal and Man City’s continued interest, Barbosa interestingly revealed, “We will see, we will see soon.”Barbosa had confirmed that the Premier League was his most likely destination when he revealed, “England is his first choice, and he already speaks good English. Everything is possible at the moment.”Man City and both North London rivals Tottenham and Arsenal had been strongly linked to the defender come defensive midfielder although Aston Villa’s interest is new but makes perfect sense now Gareth Barry has left the club and Martin Laursen has retired as Veloso is adept at both of those player’s roles

PMSL at the topic titleI have a hunch we'll get him.Man City don't need a left footed holding player, I don't think he's good enough for Arsenal and I don't think Bolton can afford his asking price.Not sure if I want him or not though, he's like a poor mans Barry but will cost more. We should be looking at adding a different type of player.