Real talk... Anyone here been looking for a job?

2deal2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Know what, I try to move as if this recession doesn't exist.Mr. Q put me on this book called 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho. It's about having a positive mentality & trying to achieve things out of SHEER willpower.I recommend it. I just got a job with Orange actually man, I'm pleased.

yes went roydon yesterday- was sh*ttrekked into London and most told us to look online. Couple women's clothes shops down Carnaby but I don't think I could work in them
This angers me...greatly. They try say it like everyone just needs to log on to the internet then "hey presto", got yourself a job.

i've been on a work placement for a year and it ends this month :/i'm not even gonna try and look for paid work, it just aint gonna happenbeen phoning around today asking for UNPAID work experience and that's difficult enough

Know what, I try to move as if this recession doesn't exist.Mr. Q put me on this book called 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho. It's about having a positive mentality & trying to achieve things out of SHEER willpower.I recommend it. I just got a job with Orange actually man, I'm pleased.
congrats brother
Safe.

bare people around me getting jobskinda depressing till i remember how lazy i am
for real deep thing is i aint even that lazy, i been lookin for a job on a mad one, handin in cv's writin letters applyin online, goin to dem agencies all sorts, nuffin seems to be happening.

yes went roydon yesterday- was sh*ttrekked into London and most told us to look online. Couple women's clothes shops down Carnaby but I don't think I could work in them
This angers me...greatly. They try say it like everyone just needs to log on to the internet then "hey presto", got yourself a job.
well its better than dashing ur CV under a till or on the Bin..

This makes me feel stupid for wanting to leave my job.----------Chimney sweeps in Central London look for drivers 18+ with a drivers license to go with them on a job, help them unload and then drive to the nearest 'free parking' area and wait for an hour until he needs picking up again. This is to save them paying ridiculous prices for parking (if they even get a space). Seems mad but around £6 hour, cant be too bad.Yellow pages ftw.

if you're looking for media jobs GOOD LUCKmy mate wants to be a journalist and has done unpaid work experience for the sun, grazia magazine, gq, the observer and the independentshe said she sent out about 100 cvs and got about 10 responsesshe graduated last year and hasnt had a paid job YET. i think the independent were generous enough to pay her £100 a week she's just going from one work experience to another hoping someone will be kind enough to give her paid work

if you're looking for media jobs GOOD LUCKmy mate wants to be a journalist and has done unpaid work experience for the sun, grazia magazine, gq, the observer and the independentshe said she sent out about 100 cvs and got about 10 responsesshe graduated last year and hasnt had a paid job YET. i think the independent were generous enough to pay her £100 a week she's just going from one work experience to another hoping someone will be kind enough to give her paid work
I start a media based job on Monday.Generating computer media for Neu Look.Holla for neu look discounts in the future.Applied to one media company and got the job.Pretty easy I thought.