Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Tulse Hill

Melo potentially on verge of joining JUVENTUS

99 posts in this topic

Fiorentina have released a statement revealing they would be willing to negotiate the sale of Felipe Melo to Arsenal with Emmanuel Eboue involved in a potential swap deal.Brazil international Melo had been strongly linked with the Gunners only to put pen-to-paper on a contract extension at the Viola on 30th June.A buy-out clause, said to be €25million (£21.4m), has been included in Melo's new deal and recent reports have suggested Juventus could match that fee.However, Fiorentina have claimed Arsenal remain the only side to have made an offer that comes close to activating the midfielder's sale clause.A statement on the club's official website read: "Fiorentina sporting director Pantaleo Corvino, in denying the transfer rumours of the past few hours, which sees Felipe Melo definitely at other clubs and reporting potential meetings to finalise the transfer of the player, underlines the following:"In case the footballer has already reached an agreement with any club, the release clause fixed with the player himself is €25million. We would not contemplate any exchange, unless it is to the liking of Fiorentina."Arsenal is the only club to have come close to the sum established by the release clause."Fiorentina in turn proposed to the aforementioned club a reduction in the amount set by the release clause by including right-back (Emmanuel) Eboue in the deal."Eboue, who signed for the Gunners from Beveren in 2005, has recently grown unsettled at Emirates Stadium and has not ruled out an exit.

How good is he? I only know him from FM so don't know how good he is.

15.37 Fiorentina have confirmed they had received an approach from Arsenal for Felipe Melo. The Viola could be willing to do a deal, but only if Emmanuel Eboue is allowed to move to Italy as a makeweight in any transfer.

fukin hell lets do this

A statement on the club's official website read: "Fiorentina sporting director Pantaleo Corvino, in denying the transfer rumours of the past few hours, which sees Felipe Melo definitely at other clubs and reporting potential meetings to finalise the transfer of the player, underlines the following:"In case the footballer has already reached an agreement with any club, the release clause fixed with the player himself is €25million. We would not contemplate any exchange, unless it is to the liking of Fiorentina."Arsenal is the only club to have come close to the sum established by the release clause."Fiorentina in turn proposed to the aforementioned club a reduction in the amount set by the release clause by including right-back (Emmanuel) Eboue in the deal."

15.37 Fiorentina have confirmed they had received an approach from Arsenal for Felipe Melo. The Viola could be willing to do a deal, but only if Emmanuel Eboue is allowed to move to Italy as a makeweight in any transfer.
sauce?

sauce
Fiorentina's club website is the source, re-read Ryan's post.

How good is he?
Would be brilliant for us.

WAIT WAIT I REMEMBER MELO CAN PLAY RB ASWELL CANT HE?DO IT MR WENGER

Judging what from what I see on forums, Melo is very highly rated by Fiorentina fans...Box to box, high-octane midfielder, with very good passing ability & very good defensively.Arsenal need to make this happen, even if it means breaking the bank, before Juventus or Inter table a bid.

If Flamini was offered back would you welcome him?

Why not? would help Fabregas stay considering they're mates.

I dont think it would help Cesc stay at all.Flamini left cos he thought the grass was greener elsewhere, rather than staying and going better than the season before, I dont want him to return for that alone, if he wasnt dedicated to the cause then he wont be now. Leave all that returning sh*t to the club up the road.As much as Adebayor is a lazy f*ck & milked the club, unlike Hleb & Flamini, I respect him cos he stayed.

Was pie in confeds cup tbh. Aint seen much else of him though...Edit - swear he signed a new contract actually?

stop hatin from what i have seen (youtube lol)the guy is a cross breed of y.toure/pirlosick sick player

Yeah he did but with that contract come a release clause.Fiorentina know what they're doing, trying to get the max amount.

Well, they're saying money + Eboue...I'd prefer we pay the 25 mill Euro's & keep Eboue...

If Wenger is interested in him beg he just sign him quickly before other clubs come in for him

i wonder what terms hes on on his new contract cos that could be a problem cos will have to more than match itlets hope this dont drag out like the arshavin thing