Melo potentially on verge of joining JUVENTUS

Guest Tulse Hill

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melo is a box to box midfielder, rather than a holding midfielder, imo.OR should I put it this way, he's more Denilson than Gilberto.Gets a LOT of cards tho, is 6 foot, and physical (based on Italian & Spanish football)Everyone I chat to say yeah definitely get him, but I'm not sure. Think he'd need time, maybe a season, but a season like Nasri rather than Ramsey.

Hes rated by the violaHe didnt overly impress in the fed cup, gave the ball away countless times, looked clumsy at times, reminiscent of Baptista..Hes got a physical presence and covers ground wellHes a bit pricey thoe, I aint seen enough of him, aint sure tbh

Guest Tulse Hill
Melo is a box to box midfielder, rather than a holding midfielder, imo.OR should I put it this way, he's more Denilson than Gilberto.Gets a LOT of cards tho, is 6 foot, and physical (based on Italian & Spanish football)Everyone I chat to say yeah definitely get him, but I'm not sure. Think he'd need time, maybe a season, but a season like Nasri rather than Ramsey.
PMSLPMSLHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAomfg you couldnt get it more wrong if you tried.

With Robinho his quality was evident, he still provided moments of sheer class.. The same cnt be said for Felipe..Actually nah Wenger cant pay £20m for this guy no way
It's easy to see the quality Robinho brings though. He's a flair player, Melo is not. If we get him, good, if we don't then we better find someone.From that Juve game he looked quite bossy still, competant passer, not shook 2 tackle. In Brasil squad he's a background guy so he wouldnt stand out, brasil wernt great in Confed cup plus what Mr Jibbles said about end of season etc. Looks like Denilson's brother anyway. Would be a good addition, don't really wanna loose eboue tbh, and really and truely if foreigh players fit in straith away it's a bonus, i dont expect foreigh players to do that, so im prepared to give them time (although us wanting tropghies , time is a luxury we don't have).f*ck flam. Ability wise yes, but his heart aint in it. AC want Ade with flam as a makeweight (skysports.com somewhere)Midfielders what names do people want...?realistically.

Tulse I've actually watched him play several times, albeit at international level rather than club level and he doesnt look a holding player at all. That job is truly left to Gilberto...You laugh, but Melo got 13 yellow cards and 3 red cards last season.and 12 yellows the season prior.and 5 yellows and 1 red card the season prior to that where he only played 11 games.or how about the 11 yellows and 1 red in his 26 game season prior to that...

Guest Medic
LOLIMO Melo is one of the better holding midfielders Ive watched in recent years. Agree with TF that physically hes not in the same mould of Gilberto. That said he does have pace for a holding midfielder and makes forward surges similar to somone like Essien which is what makes him different to Yaya Toure who just defends and tackles. Parandelli has Melo him just sitting in front of back 4 to win midfield battle after that he is everywhere and cause of his pace he is always in the mix to help out the defence and be back for the tackle.His passing will be appreciated by Arsenal fans, brilliant range and creativity. He is near Cesc class when it comes to that, he wont be scoring many goals if his past record is to go by but that will not be his main role. Hope the deal is done soon.

Arsenal and Juventus target Felipe Melo has spoken out on his future, declaring “it is all up to Fiorentina.”The Brazilian has a £21m price-tag after his splendid performances in the Confederations Cup this summer.Yesterday the Viola released a statement confirming an offer had arrived from Arsenal and that they had requested Emmanuel Eboue as part of the deal.“My intention is to return to Florence the moment my summer holiday is over,” the midfielder told Brazilian website Lancenet.“I had been promised that if I had a good season my contract would be renewed. Fiorentina kept their word and this made me both happy and proud.“I am very happy in Florence, it’s pleasing that people stop me in the street and ask me not to leave.”However, Melo did leave a very large door open for a transfer to either Juventus or Arsenal.“I can say that only God knows what my future holds if the club decides to sell me elsewhere.”http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul5q.html

Guest Tulse Hill
Wenger is 2 shrewd 4 thisbut if it happens...SMH @ Arsenal FC going shopping in ItalySpending over £20mAnd not coming back with either Cassano, Montolivo, Giovinco, De Rossi or Aquilani
Your the dumbest football fan on this forum, actually shaking my head at this pathetic post

Wenger is 2 shrewd 4 thisbut if it happens...SMH @ Arsenal FC going shopping in ItalySpending over £20mAnd not coming back with either Cassano, Montolivo, Giovinco, De Rossi or Aquilani
Your the dumbest football fan on this forum, actually shaking my head at this pathetic post