Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BATTY BOY BUM BANDIT

Yes Yes Lads..

18 posts in this topic

Basically Im moving into my house at uni next week and ive gotta sort out tinternet. Basically, at any one point, theres a possibility that 6 of us could be using the internet at one time...So, I need to know what router to get? and whos the best ISP? Plus Im also still gonna be ending careers on FIFA so it needs to be able to handle having the 360 going aswell....what you reckon???Safety.

6 people on 1 connection?Surely you want Virgin 50meg. No throttling.

Aye. This is what Im thinking tbh. But basically people wont really be using it that much, and there will never really nd truly be 6 people on at once. But still, need a router....

We had BT Internet with the home hub thing at my house (there was only 3 of us there) but it worked like a charm.

heard the bt hub is wack ask logan swere he had itand i swear theres a topic 1/2 pages back about the net and routers check that alex

My experience with the homehub when i had it was good, no issues

Thing is for him to even use the HomeHub then it means he'll have to get a BT connection.Which is pants.So the only way to fix this is get the ISP 1st then recomendations of a router will come if the one you get with your ISP is sh*t.

Right Ive got the internet just put in, and they gave me a netgear wnr2000 router. But how do I get tinternet working wirelessly without having a laptop or PC plugged directly into my laptop?Or can i not do that?

dont u mean "without havin a pc/latop plugged into the ROUTER"?IF so then u should just be able to search for wi-fi connections on ur laptop n find ur router, then type in the security key that was given with it

Yeah thats what I meant sorry.But when I unplug my laptop from my router (ethernet), and then just do wireless search, i can connect to the network but dont get any internet????

can you just cop one of neckstas internet dongles?

Probs could have. But I wouldnt of got 50meg, plus 4 other peeps in ze house
but the dongle would of been for yourselff*ck the others, let them sort their own sh*t out :lol:

:lol:Was thinking that, but I thought if I take care of the internet, then I dont have to take responsibilty for water/electric bills etc :lol:

:lol:Was thinking that, but I thought if I take care of the internet, then I dont have to take responsibilty for water/electric bills etc :lol:
dem uni accomodation strategies dere. Nice one, forgot about that lol. Its never a good look to be the guy collecting and bothering everyone else for the bills - too much hastle. Did it once for the tv license - never again.

Ok, ffs this is winding me up now.Right, basically, the internet is cool when I have the ethernet going from my router to my laptop, but if Im using it wirelessly then it dont work, or it will be intermittant.It will disconnect from the internet but will still be connected to the network and says It has a full signal.