Olympics being held in East

Nokia Charger Wire

it will jus allow asians bring over more of their great granparents from indiabig business will benefit the most, small busineses like the local shops and ice cream mandem will benefitto think that the locals will gain anything is a jokethe young people will not gain nuttin either. watch them make use of some of the facilities like for 6 months after the olympicsthen sell it to private companies.i would like you to mention my name when you submit your essay tho

Guest TimeBomb

it will bring temporary employment and money from tourists, however long term i dont think it will do much, the sport facilities will probably only be used by high end athletes after the games, and not much affect on housing prices as east is pretty cheap for housing anyway.Still, im in support of the olympics, i dont think sport is given enough importance in this country.

Guest Lemons
Still, im in support of the olympics, i dont think sport is given enough importance in this country.
c/s this
Indeed. They've made sports day at my old primary school non-competitive, like literally, they don't give out medals or make people winners or anything.No wonder we get banged at the olympics.

Indeed. They've made sports day at my old primary school non-competitive, like literally, they don't give out medals or make people winners or anything.No wonder we get banged at the olympics.
its all part of this policital correctness bandwagon. banning competitiveness/ as it may cause hostile/dominant behaviour.this country... just trying to turn everyone into lifeless drones with no opinions or views.

it will bring temporary employment and money from tourists, however long term i dont think it will do much, the sport facilities will probably only be used by high end athletes after the games, and not much affect on housing prices as east is pretty cheap for housing anyway.Still, im in support of the olympics, i dont think sport is given enough importance in this country.
C/SI think the short term impact will be very good. I see developments all over the place to make the general east/south east area look better. There will be thousands of local jobs created for a period during the games, and money is being pumped into certain youth centres to excel in sports. Also, I know council residents who are already advertising their houses for rent during the games and getting serious offers.I dont know what the long term impact will be, obviously theres no way the UK can keep up that level of spending in one area so things will be shut down etc - but I think enough will stay to make it a success story over the next 20 years.

Considering the whole Stratford city development probably wouldnt be going ahead now due to the economy if it wasnt for the olympics, I think the olympics will do Stratford and surrounding areas well, along with the new housing developments and so on. That Stratford city project is a pretty big development, which'll probably have a ripple effect. So yh there's more than 2 weeks of jobs on offer.

Anyone who lives in East London should be able to tell you there are developments everywhere.
But how do we know these developments are affordable housing.
They are definately getting affordable housing developments in Tower Hamlets & Newham can't speak for commercial units though.