Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Avon Barksdale

Has This Recession Had Any Impact On Your Life Or Friends Or Family?

30 posts in this topic

Got a couple friends who were made redundant because of Woolworths. And finding a job now feels impossible. But my Mum doesnt seem to struggling. Have not made any lifestyle changes at all.Having family who can give you a job >>>>>Unfortunately i do not fall into that category and am sitting here unemployed and still sponging What about you?

could do betteractually have plans laid for that to change...

What these plans?Or are they to classified to put on this forum because they could be copied by over people or your music is so important that the FBI have a file open on your like other great artists similar to you eg. The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix and your scared there gonna supress the great message behind your music?

The fact that my family run a business in woodburning stoves has meant recession is treating us well (gas prices going up and up), infact were predicted to double profits this winter from last years. My friends however are losing jobs, couldnt afford holidays etc.

It hasn't affected me or my family thank God, but it has affected some of my friends, three of them have been made redundant.

The fact that my family run a business in woodburning stoves has meant recession is treating us well (gas prices going up and up), infact were predicted to double profits this winter from last years. My friends however are losing jobs, couldnt afford holidays etc.
f*ck having to go chop wood to get your house warm./No.

What these plans?Or are they to classified to put on this forum because they could be copied by over people or your music is so important that the FBI have a file open on your like other great artists similar to you eg. The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix and your scared there gonna supress the great message behind your music?
:lol:nah just minor plans actuallyi see what your doing tho...

I got promoted in the las onth,

I got promoted in the las onth,

some guy is selling pre chopped wood and loving the recession lol

I got P's fam.

thats not a bad little side venture idea.

My dad got offered the redundancy he's been wanting for ages so it kinda worked out positively for him. Thing is he was also being offered a position that he really wanted in the company at that time so had a tough time deciding whether or not he wanted to drop out or not. Ended up taking the money and kicking.My work hours were first cut, 2 people got fired (not because of the recession but for incompetence) and the company also refused to hire new people so then my hours got increased. My staff discount has been reduced as well :/

f*ck having to go chop wood to get your house warm.
Lol nobody does this. Pre cut logs.

Not really.I mean, searching for a job seems 10 times harder than before. However, in saying that I may have a decent job lined up very soon. But if I don't get that I'm stuck Also minimal interest on savings.

Hasn't really affected me apart from the little cutie who got laid off who was my eye candy.Minus that it's all bless, even got a 1% pay rise 2 months ago. I'm moving up in the world.

f*ck having to go chop wood to get your house warm.
Lol nobody does this. Pre cut logs.
im sure theres a few people out there who get involved in a bit of chopping. pre cut logs ftw though.

most peeps in my fam are self employed so it is what it is, BUT i was peeved when i went to buy a tin of bully beef and saw it was 1.60U crazy

Made redundant in Jan and been eating corned beef and rice almost every dayLucky I have my ebay business

yeahparents are in the property development business market has gone to sh*t, ergo the development business is trickybeen hard times as of late

erm not really, none of my fam or friends have been made redundanthowever, alot of people have been made redundant from my work..more room for me to move higher up tbh, but I want to leave for a better job, tried but no luck.Also won 2 tickets to Cyprus from my workplace at the beginning of the month so I'm nice