Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roy Batty

Boffins....

20 posts in this topic

I just picked up a MacBook for a favourable price with the intention of putting Boot Camp on it and running XP to play games for windows....Even though the recommended specs for SF4 from Capcom are:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GhzNVideo 8600 series2GB RamThis Mac is running windows XP with:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GhzNVideo 9400m4GB RamIt cannot pass the benchmark test and scores a D. Is this an inherent fault in getting a Mac to run windows because I know people have used MAcs for a while with boot camp and parallels.Would a MacBook Pro be able to do the job?

When you set up the XP partition how much space HD space did you allocate to for XP? I think the game requires about 10GB

Yeh, that improved it marginally. Still failed the benchmark test on the lowest settings.

BTW.The performance won't be as smooth as you hoped, because essentially you are using 2 OS's meaning that the specs will be split between them 2 too.You should dual boot instead.

70 megabytes?I swear an OS needs a couple bags minimum just to run smoothly, that is probably the cause, Xanders right you'd need a bigger partition./You bought a macbook just for sf? ballin.gifIf you do decide to buy a macbook pro sell me the macbook for a favourable price

70 Gigs evenApparently the Geforce 9400M is weak as f*ck.It is dual boot. That is what Boot Camp is. I'm not using Parallels to run XP inside OSThat's more than favourable

I saw, weighing it up, gonna give them a call and find out how much the student discount is worth before i make a decision

For some reason they call the same model a MacBook Pro now.Student Discount is 10%

that link you post aint a prothats a macbook thats what i got2gb ram 160gb hard drive cant remember the graphics card but it can run sf4 but at low specsif i upgrade 2 4gb ram it will be smooth at full specsyou want these badboy'shttp://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop...id=CDM-EU-23091standard 4gb ram can upgrade 2 a monster 8gb ram!!!!!!im getting one after xmas

I want to download acquire SF4 but my laptop is not passing the test despite having the specsI swear Seth Killian is just pure lying

its all about the graphics card

the 9400M graphics card is a piece of sh*t.

yeah macbooks have sh*t graphics cards.... a pro should do the trick thocant even watch FM in 3D on mine...

Yeh the top pros have dual graphics cards. f*ck that though, they still aren't that good.

yeah macbooks have sh*t graphics cards.... a pro should do the trick thocant even watch FM in 3D on mine...
I hate this.

sometimes the graphics card driver makes a big difference

i need a macbook roy hook me up