Mercury Music Prize 2009

Guest WAVESURFER

Guest WAVESURFER

Florence and the Machine – Lungssh*t. I really can't stand her.Kasabian – West Ryder Pauper Lunatic AsylumI used to hate these guys, but I saw them last year & they were thoroughly entertaining, I've developed a bit of a soft spot for them. Not heard this album yet though.Bat for Lashes – Two SunsStunning record. Definitely in my top 10 of the year. Should win, but probably won't.La Roux – La RouxLiked the first single, not feeling the second. Doesn't bode well for the album.Glasvegas – GlasvegasThe singer's a complete c*nt, but their songs are so catchy. Also, he supports Celtic, so I can't really be mad at him.Speech Debelle – Speech TherapyKeep hearing she's really good, but I'm yet to investigate. She's basically on the shortlist as the token black artist though, Mercury do it every year.Friendly Fires – Friendly FiresSaw them once and they were pretty fun, but I haven't really been into the records I've heard by them since.The Horrors – Primary ColoursPosh wankers.Lisa Hannigan – Sea SewNever heard of her.The Invisible – The InvisibleNever heard of them.Led Bib – Sensible ShoesNever heard of it.Sweet Billy Pilgrim – Twice Born MenNever heard of him.Conclusion: Bat For Lashes should win, but Florence & The Machine or Glasvegas will get it.

What's wrong with The Horrors?Fantastic debut album with a incredible unique production styleSecond was great as well, proves they have a lot of quality to them and they aren't one trick pony's which is a lot more than you can say for most bands in the list.

• 1 month later...