Haye v Valuev

The King

Nov. 7th.

David Haye's bid for heavyweight glory will be live on Sky Box Office. The Londoner takes on WBA champion and man mountain Nikolay Valuev on November 7 as he bids to become Britain's first world heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis.The fight has been signed and for Haye it will be a question of second time lucky.His first heavyweight world-title challenge was due to be against Wladimir Klitschko in June, but had to be postponed due to injury.There were also reports that he had signed to fight the elder Klitschko brother, Vitali, but now has his sights set on Valuev.Thrilled"I am thrilled to announce that my dream of becoming world heavyweight champion will be realised on November 7, when I challenge the tallest and heaviest champion of all time, Nikolay Valuev," Haye said."There were reports in the German press that I had signed to fight Vitali Klitschko in September, but those reports were never true."There have been long and exhausting discussions about the clash, but unfortunately I could never put my name to the fight contract the Klitschkos offered. The level of disrespect they have shown me throughout has left me feeling insulted."Nicknamed the Beast from the East, the Russian stands at a whopping 7foot and is the tallest and heaviest world champion in history.For his last fight, a successful defence against Evander Holyfield in December 2008, he weighed in at 310¾lbs,while Haye tipped the scales for his November KO of Monte Barrett at 226lbs."Valuev is eight stone heavier than me and a foot taller than me," the former world cruiserweight champion continued."David only needed a slingshot and a stone to flatten Goliath, and I'm convinced my right hand generates more power than a stone."I can't wait to step into the ring on November 7 and prove that size doesn't matter. Mark my words: I will be the first man to knock Nikolay Valuev out."Valuev has only lost one of his 52 pro fights and is in his second stint as WBA boss. His impressive record includes recent wins over Barrett, John Ruiz (twice), Jameel McCline and Holyfield.
On Box Office.f*ck Sky.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There have been long and exhausting discussions about the clash, but unfortunately I could never put my name to the fight contract the Klitschkos offered. The level of disrespect they have shown me throughout has left me feeling insulted."
Joke. How can he turn round and say that when he he came out with a T with the brothers severes heads.

he's got a big f*ck*ng mouth and nothing to back it up withhe needs to stop running his mouth like this cos when valuev puts him on his back he's gonna look like an absolute fool and nobody will give him a chance after that
He has to build the fight the heaveyweight division is dead when it used to be the biggest thing going it needs the hype to build interest in the fight especially as he's gotta fight these boring f*cks

he's got a big f*ck*ng mouth and nothing to back it up withhe needs to stop running his mouth like this cos when valuev puts him on his back he's gonna look like an absolute fool and nobody will give him a chance after that
nuffin to back it up with @ around 3.10 his smashing up some guy whilst taking backward stepsokDavid haye was the undisputed cruiserweight champthe preivious man who unified those belts was Evander Holyfieldhe went on to win the world championship 3 timesValuev struggled to beat Holyfield ( and its argued the fight was fixed ) who is in his 40'sholyfield and haye share similar buildswhat do you honestly think the younger, faster haye will do to this circus freak

nuffin to back it up with @ around 3.10 his smashing up some guy whilst taking backward stepsokDavid haye was the undisputed cruiserweight champthe preivious man who unified those belts was Evander Holyfieldhe went on to win the world championship 3 timesValuev struggled to beat Holyfield ( and its argued the fight was fixed ) who is in his 40'sholyfield and haye share similar buildswhat do you honestly think the younger, faster haye will do to this circus freak
exactly mate - he's smashing "some guy"cruiserweight is arguably the worst division in the sport, being the best in that division means nothing in terms of whether you can beat the top heavyweightshaye's never felt power like valuev/klitschos deliverin fact, can somebody even tell me why haye deserves a shot at the heavyweight title?haye's gonna be feeling like a mug when that first body shot sucks all the air out of himdon't get it twisted though i would LOVE to see haye batter him, cos it's guys like valuev who have ruined the heavyweight division. i would love to see haye running him around, and hitting him with quick combos that valuev can't deal with...but all i can see happening is haye getting laid out

you can say cruiserweight is the worst division in the sport. But, Heavyweight can't be to far behind it, the division is dry.TBH, if Hasim Rahman (who hadn't done anything special other than KO an out of condition Lewis) deserved a shot at Wladimir, im sure Haye doesMost of you are saying david haye's an arrogant and a prick, your wrong he's just tryna make the division interesting and sell a good fight.I would rather some1 who shows them wannabe Ivan Drago's no respect, then some overweight p*ssy who is just gunna get in the ring for a pay cheque.David Haye is gunna f*ck valuev up, like i said this guy couldn't convincingly beat an arthritic 42 year old. Come on now, David haye is 28, the age most boxers reach their peak, this russian freak will get merked.

• 1 month later...