MUSIC MAKING PROGRAMMES

streets.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dnt think he's arguin that ppl dont effect it, because its obvious someone who doesn't know what they're doing cant produce quality, doesn't need to be stated.i think he's assumin you got two people who are both a good/high standard at each given program.not takin sides, just saying.
two people with high standards, one using logic and another person using cubase:this is the result you will get :PERSON A USING LOGIC: is able to rig up mics, inspire the artist(s), do as many takes as needed, hoping that they are in an ideal studio, not making silly mistakes hoping to overcome them 'in the mix'when it comes to the mix person A (assuming he is engineering or uses one) : knows what to do when mixing the different parts, what software to use WHEN and by how much, when a mix is 'finished' they move on to the mastering and give it to someone else to masterPERSON B USING CUBASE: is able to rig up mics, inspire the artist(s), do as many takes as needed, hoping that they are in an ideal studio, not making silly mistakes hoping to overcome them 'in the mix'when it comes to the mix person A (assuming he is engineering or uses one) : knows what to do when mixing the different parts, what software to use WHEN and by how much, when a mix is 'finished' they move on to the mastering and give it to someone else to masterPERSON C USING PROTOOLS: is able to rig up mics, inspire the artist(s), do as many takes as needed, hoping that they are in an ideal studio, not making silly mistakes hoping to overcome them 'in the mix'when it comes to the mix person A (assuming he is engineering or uses one) : knows what to do when mixing the different parts, what software to use WHEN and by how much, when a mix is 'finished' they move on to the mastering and give it to someone else to masterwhen you guys talk about standards u should know that everyone like to have a standard and logic via Macs are the indtustry standard most of the time this doesnt mean that the others are much less inferior its just easier to go with what you know.10 years ago the production equipment 'standard' keyboard for HH and RNB was the KORG triton. it is not so today cos they didnt move with the time.in this case logic and macs have moved with the times so they will remain standard as long as they do.you will not be a timbaland or neptunes by mastering Logic or cubase inside out.

HOW CAN GUYS SAY THAT DIFFERENT SOFTWARE RESULTS IN DIFFERENT QUALITY/COMPLEXITY/INTRICACY OF MUSIC?
unlike most ppl posting in this thread i can use logic, cubase, pro tools, reason, fruity all to a very high standed and im telling you when it comes to sequencing, editing ect logic is supierior, thus being a "industry standed" software
But you said this meaning that you believe that logic can do things others can't when in reality its not the case it's just easily accessible hence why I said you use the most obvious tools in software.Also you are trying to imply I cannot use more than one or two programs which is totally not the case, as I've been using Reason, Cubase, Sibelius (to make music rather than just score it), FL Studio and even Acid pro for years now, and I can say that bar Acid (which I just used for sequencing) I am pretty much clued up on most aspects of the software because I actually had to learn how to use them in detail whilst doing A levs coursework.
thats my personal opnion boss, ive been working in profesional studios since i was 14, infact ive never gon into any profesional studio and seen a PC.tbh you telling me u learnt them programs in school says alot, not even being funny but from experiance most schools dont have the funds to deck out classrooms with g5 macs + logic, thus them using programs such as the ones you stated. its not even a bad thing kus wen i went CONEL i had to use PCs and reason + cubase and its just another program you can usebut anyone can TALK about music production an all that, up some of your stuff and show me im chattin sh*t
First I dunno what the highlighted text has to do with me but kool, I don't agree with PC's in studio either but yh. :lol::lol::lol: You're trying to make me look small now by saying my College used the cheaper software because they we're broke and that how I know how to use it~? :huh: Get off your high horse mate. :rolleyes: Whats wrong with you I'm arguing that different programs does not = different quality.And you are asking me to upload music?It will make no difference to the argument because it will all have been made on one program (FL).

and secondly, lol @ how everyones a pro :rofl:
trus me
true. but then can u show us how much in royalties you have received from your production knowledge.
mcps money is air tbh, i wud rather show you my wages for teaching music production courses i wud love to stay and argue with you Dr Gay but as it goes ive got a studio session bookedwhile im here "I Pray" will be relased next month @ http://www.ukfunky.com & http://www.juno.co.ukand check out my soundcloudhttp://www.soundcloud.com/n10tainment

trus me
Bruv the comment was aimed at man like you and me. :lol: But I know I'm no pro, I do this casually but have happened to learn alot of stuff because when I decide to do something I make sure I learn things well.Thats just me.
fair play, BUT this is my profession

trus me
true. but then can u show us how much in royalties you have received from your production knowledge.
lol, why u gettin so offended, wasn't necessarily targetting you. I'm just giving info on what i've learnt from college to my home studio to the studio at which i worked. Just saying it's easy for people to jump on google and then join in as if they know the full depth of what they're talking about.

trus me
Bruv the comment was aimed at man like you and me. :lol: But I know I'm no pro, I do this casually but have happened to learn alot of stuff because when I decide to do something I make sure I learn things well.Thats just me.
bruv i'm not specifically sending and don't really care for that. Point i'm making is that people arguing passionately about their BELIEFS as opposed to actual knowledge, and if it continues, jus like religion the answer will remain inconclusive.

trus me
mcps money is air tbh, i wud rather show you my wages for teaching music production courses i wud love to stay and argue with you Dr Gay but as it goes ive got a studio session bookedwhile im here "I Pray" will be relased next month @ http://www.ukfunky.com & http://www.juno.co.ukand check out my soundcloudhttp://www.soundcloud.com/n10tainment
like i said i dont care what your quals are. i have close relationships or spoeknt to engineers who have produced for people like craig david,sugababes,destinys child and jamelia, and some house music prossome or all have agreed that logic is the indtustry standard, but ALL of them have said that young people and those who claim to know all but dont, get too caught up in the hype about what program to use. when they dont have a clue about mixing ANYTHING, cant play any instrument, and dont even have good ears for listening. producing is not just about clicking a mouse button.for dance music cubase is much better according to them due to its handling of Vsts better than logic. Logic is more user friendlywhat sequencer to use is a minor. david bedingfield used a sequencer which even cubase and logic heads claim is inferior buthe had a number one album. one of the engineers told me he has worked with Logic AND cubase, and in germany they are based across the street from each other, constantly switiching staff between companies. so infact they are quite similar.they said check every music forum and the argument still goes on with people claiming this and that but no one can claim that their album didnt sell bcos they used cubase instead of logic. their advice>>>>>>>>>>>>>your teaching/experience. sorry m8

Seems to be a lot plp who know their stuff in this thread so maybe someone can help me.For some reason after moving house my Cubase isn't picking up any audio signals (mic, compresser etc). I don't think it's an mixer issue cause I've tried everything with that (but it could be) & I don't think my m-audio usb soundcard's faulty as im still getting audio playback. so Im thinking it's my mac or Cubase.Any ideas as to what the problem is? Seriously Im willing pay cash to the person who can solve this problem, im desperate.
what card/ audio driver and ur genreal set up
M-Audio USB soundcard that goes into my imac (old old one) with Midi In & Out that's connected to a Triton le. Audio ins & outs are connected to a cheapish Behringer Mixer. Mic is connected to mic amp/compresser & thats connected to the mixer. Like I said audio output is no problem but Cubase isn't picking up any audio input.
only thing that springs to mind is Devices>>>VST Connections>>> Inputsand check that the right channels are selected on the device port column for the bus
Im at work right now but I'll check that later. If it works £20 in your paypal as a goodwill gesture. Same goes for anyone who can solve this problem, I would be that grateful.

There's alot of gassing in this topic.Logic is the industry standard, but it doesn't matter what you feel to choose. Everytime these topics come up, certain guys try show everyone they know their way around a particular sequencer, but the guys actually making moves stay clear, why is this?
Bcos having to prove somethingand having something you can prove are very different

trus me
like i said i dont care what your quals are. i have close relationships or spoeknt to engineers who have produced for people like craig david,sugababes,destinys child and jamelia, and some house music prossome or all have agreed that logic is the indtustry standard, but ALL of them have said that young people and those who claim to know all but dont, get too caught up in the hype about what program to use. when they dont have a clue about mixing ANYTHING, cant play any instrument, and dont even have good ears for listening. producing is not just about clicking a mouse button.for dance music cubase is much better according to them due to its handling of Vsts better than logic. Logic is more user friendlywhat sequencer to use is a minor. david bedingfield used a sequencer which even cubase and logic heads claim is inferior buthe had a number one album. one of the engineers told me he has worked with Logic AND cubase, and in germany they are based across the street from each other, constantly switiching staff between companies. so infact they are quite similar.they said check every music forum and the argument still goes on with people claiming this and that but no one can claim that their album didnt sell bcos they used cubase instead of logic. their advice>>>>>>>>>>>>>your teaching/experience. sorry m8
wait wait wait, f*ck ur "close relationships" boss anyone can name drop init, it doesnt make ur point any more valid, the funny thing is its all down to TALENTu can put a talented producer on any program an they will still make you a good beat, its my PERSONAL and ALOT of the industries OPINION that logic can do this alot better than any other programs on the market...say no morebut let me say more, i do this ting in real life, i dont look at music forums for advice or to get info. i do not have to drop names an i do not need to tell you my mcps money, i do not do music for fun, its a job that i love doing which in turn makes it fun but it is also serious bizness, i do not make "riddims" for ppl to "ride" in my roomi do make music, i do make money from music, i do teach music, i do travel to diff countries courtesy or music, i do hav a dj currently in bejing that will be playin my music to 50,000 ppl at http://www.inmusicfestival.cn/html/zhenron...9/0724/163.html and i do think you are a raging homo who i shall now refer to as Dr Gay due to your close relationships with engineers.

trus me
That's more for the beatmaking side of things which we already determined don't really matter what program u use. In terms of the final stages usually goes to mac for audio processing like compressing the drums to get a punchy sound etc.

If someone is talented enough and can look into music in a way that a normal person cannot, then it doesn't matter what software is better. When a talented producer has very little to work with, he has to become resourceful with what he has and make the best out of it. Simple.

If someone is talented enough and can look into music in a way that a normal person cannot, then it doesn't matter what software is better. When a talented producer has very little to work with, he has to become resourceful with what he has and make the best out of it. Simple.
very true, but i think u've missed the point of the argument.and also, jus for clarification, someone who makes a song/tune/beat and a producer are two different things.