Models Murderer Jailed for Life

Sinister

Model's murderer jailed for life_46123190_morrison226.jpgA man who murdered his model girlfriend has been jailed for life with a minimum tariff of 24 years.Ricardo Morrison, 22, from Birmingham, attacked Amy Leigh Barnes, 19, in Farnworth, near Bolton, last November.Manchester Crown Court heard that Miss Barnes was stabbed nine times and found bleeding to death by her father.In sentencing, Mr Justice MacDuff told Morrison he was an "evil man" with a history of abusing, assaulting and controlling women."You had controlled and abused Amy Leigh Barnes over many months, " added the judge, ordering him to serve at least 24 years before being eligible for parole."Yours was a sustained campaign of prolonged physical, emotional and psychological abuse."Mother clearedMorrison's mother, Pc Melda Wilks, 50, who let him wash his bloodstained clothes at her home, was found not guilty of assisting an offender.But she now faces an internal disciplinary inquiry by her force, West Midlands Police.Morrison, who has previous convictions for assaulting ex-girlfriends, stabbed Miss Barnes nine times and slashed her face, before fleeing and leaving her to die, the jury heard during the three-week trial.When they returned with the guilty verdict, after three hours and 19 minutes of deliberations, Morrison, clutching a bible, bowed his head, put one hand to his face and appeared to begin weeping.Described as a "bully" and "profoundly two-faced man" by Stuart Driver, prosecuting, Morrison was caught on CCTV punching two girls in the face and headbutting another in a nightclub five weeks before he killed Miss Barnes._45189764_c22e5752-fc1f-4493-9028-98879c4436a1.jpgThe model, who had appeared in Hollyoaks and modelled for Cosmopolitan, dialled 999 after the attack, telling the operator, "I'm dying. He's stabbed me to death. I'm dying. Please help me."The operator asked who had stabbed her and she said, "My boyfriend", the court was told.Amy's mother describes last momentsShortly after the attack, her father, Andrew Barnes, arrived to find his daughter curled in the foetal position, flitting in and out of consciousness.The court heard Morrison attacked her at her grandmother's house after the couple had a row that day, one of many during their stormy nine-month relationship.The young model had grown scared of her killer, the court heard, and had rang her mother asking to being picked up after Morrison had locked her in her grandmother's house.Tragically, her father arrived minutes too late, finding his daughter in agony on the floor.The jury heard that Mr Barnes saw that the back door had been left open and a next door neighbour saw a man fitting Morrison's description clean his hands in a puddle behind the house.After stabbing her to death he went and bought a sandwich before catching a coach to Birmingham and being picked up by his mother, who let her son wash his bloodstained clothes. ======================================================================================Some f*cked up sh*t.