How The Other Half Live, C4, 9pm

2deal2

How The Other Half Live, C4, 9pm1248984000-571677-HowTheOt-12488725520.jpgEach episode of How the Other Half Live follows the story of two families as a wealthy family decides to assist one that is living below the poverty line. Each family hopes that their children will gain from the experience by understanding what life is like for others. The series raises important questions about how we respond to the poverty on our own doorsteps. In this episode, Grace lives in one of the wealthiest parts of the country with her mum Christine, dad Ken and brother Charlie. They have a big house and several acres of land, with two cleaners and a team of gardeners to help. But Ken comes from a deprived area of Glasgow and he wants his children to know that life isn't like this for everyone. Meanwhile, Yolanda is ten and lives in a flat on a council estate with her mum and two sisters. She keeps her belongings in cardboard boxes and a suitcase because her mum can't afford to buy her any drawers.Watching?(Apologies if there's been an earlier thread)

So she writes a letter and in return she gets money?I don't see the pointwhat about the other 4million people in her situation?
Get off there asses and do something about it!I love when people f*ck over the stereotype! The strong live on, the weak die!My father left school with no qualifications at 15 from pollock, in glasgow another "deprived" area of glasgow. And worked his ass off to change his life and that for his family!Life aint easy only the UNfortunate are handed silver spoons! (I say Unfortunate for a reason!)

I think people are being a little harsh, she has a young child aswell who needs looking after and so if she works she would be paying child care and then would have to be home for 3.30 or whenever the other kids finish school too. Shes prob getting more from benefits than she would working but its still not enough for a family to live off.Its all well and good making it big coming from poverty but if it was that easy there wouldnt be such a massive problem.The woman considered £1500 massive debts, her child didnt even have a bed.

So she writes a letter and in return she gets money?I don't see the pointwhat about the other 4million people in her situation?
Get off there asses and do something about it!I love when people f*ck over the stereotype! The strong live on, the weak die!My father left school with no qualifications at 15 from pollock, in glasgow another "deprived" area of glasgow. And worked his ass off to change his life and that for his family!Life aint easy only the UNfortunate are handed silver spoons! (I say Unfortunate for a reason!)
Well that was an incredibly stupid post wasn't it

Well that was an incredibly stupid post wasn't it
Far from it!Common sense.Nobody said it was that easy but people are much more irresponsable in the Uk because they know the government will help pick up the flack!