Mutu

MEIRELES.

is PISSED.

Adrian Mutu's appeal against an order to pay former club Chelsea €17.17million (£14.7m) in damages has been rejected by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.The Romania international, who is now at Fiorentina, was ordered to pay the sum by Fifa last year after he was fired by the Blues in 2004 for testing positive for cocaine.Mutu appealed against the ruling, claiming the amount of money was not justified, but that has been rejected.A statement said: "The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the Fifa Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) on 7th May 2008 in which he was ordered to pay €17,173,990 in compensation to his former club, Chelsea FC, for breach of contract."Chelsea terminated Mutu's contract in October 2004, one year after he had joined the Premier League side from Parma.Since leaving Chelsea, the 30-year-old has rebuilt his career, first at Juventus, who he signed for in 2005 despite serving a seven-month ban for the cocaine offence, and since 2006 at Fiorentina.
A £14.7m finef*ck OFF. Feel for the lad.

Thing is unless he got a crazy signing-on fee from Juventus, there no way man is paying that. Chelsea deading his life, but that said, this just shows me that karma definitely lives stronger.Cos when my man was living the life and wasting p recklessly, he'll regret it for many a year to come...

Adrian Mutu has sounded his disappointment that his appeal against an order to pay former club Chelsea €17.17million (£14.7m) in damages has been rejected.The Romania international, who is now at Fiorentina, was ordered to pay the sum by Fifa last year after he was fired by the Blues in 2004 for testing positive for cocaine.Mutu believed the amount of money was not valid, but last week the Court of Arbitration for Sport dismissed his complaints.The 30-year-old has admitted his annoyance that his appeal has been rejected and has hinted that he is not yet prepared to let the matter drop."I cannot fail to exercise my right to criticise a sentence that appears profoundly unjust," he said."I think I have amply paid for an error of youth which is light years away from the man and footballer I am now."Today after so much time, that error cannot be the basis of a demand for damages that seem to go beyond the realm of sporting sanctions, given that Chelsea unilaterally decided to terminate my contract."I am a sportsman but also, above all, a citizen of the European Union and I believe that sporting justice must respect the principles and fundamental rights of the community."So I will evaluate every possible initiative to protect my rights."

super pissed loolman needs to step up his football game reach his full potential and join a club that are willing to pay him 200k a weeklow wanting to play foot all ur life and seeing it as a way of making it and not being worried about the rest of ur life now u need to pay all that cash back

Guest faze .
So you think its fair hes got to pay £14m for sniffing some coke?Even thouugh half the prem do...(exaggeration)
the price is to do with the loss of income chelsea would have received thru transfers

• 3 weeks later...
Fiorentina Striker Adrian Mutu Forced To Retire From Football Over Chelsea Compensation - ReportThe striker will be forced to quit football by Chelsea if he doesn't pay the compensation within the next 48 hours, according to reports in Italy...Adrian Mutu will be forced to quit football by Chelsea if he doesn't pay them the €17,173,990 compensation he was ordered to by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), and the race is now on to try and save his career, according to La Nazione.Mutu has until Monday to pay Chelsea the compensation. If he doesn't, then the Premier League side will force the player to quit by applying to FIFA for a ban.The race is now on to try and find a solution and the report suggests Mutu is looking at every avenue. It is said Fiorentina and the player's legal team are looking towards UEFA and the European Courts for a hand. Furthermore, voices in Italy claim Chelsea are in no mood to offer the player a chance to find the cash. He either pays, or stops playing football, putting his career at risk.News emerging from Italy has shocked the country, and Florence in particular. The Della Valle family who own Fiorentina are also getting involved and they have applied to the Italian FA to support them. Italian minister for work Maurizio Sacconi is urging the Berlusconi-led government to take action in an attempt to save the player's career."The Mutu case is delicate and I urge the government to get involved," said the minister.It is also said Juventus and Livorno are ready to back Mutu in his plea for justice. There are serious fears that the game against Palermo tomorrow night could be his last. The player's legal team and club are working over time in an attempt to explore new avenues and buy him more time.As a last resort, the paper has even suggested a fund raising event in the city in an attempt to help the striker pay the massive sum.All this comes from the player's sacking by Chelsea in October 2004 when he was found positive for cocaine during a doping test. Mutu was then ordered to pay Chelsea €17m in damages after the CAS rejected an appeal following the initial compensation decision last year.In May 2008, the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber ruled that Mutu had committed a breach of contract whilst at Chelsea after he was found positive for a doping test in 2004.Mutu appealed to the CAS against the decision, but the panel upheld the original judgement by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber, and ruled in favour of Chelsea. The decision means Mutu will have to pay the Premier League side a total of €17,173,990 in compensation.The striker is now trying desperately to find a solution and it is said he will take the case to the high courts.Fiorentina are also concerned over the prospect of losing their star player as they will stand to receive no compensation should he be suspended and/or retire.
pmsl that's f*cked.. won't even be able to pay it off through football.