What are you doing with your beats?

Shatterstar

Are you part of a team & you're supplying the emcees/singers? (eg: Boomblast - SN1)Giving them to DJ's?Giving out beat cd's to artists you wanna work with?Passing them on to A&R?Just sitting on them, building a catalogue?etcetera etcetera Interested to see what routes other beatmakers are taking.

Meet alot of artists doin this video thing, easier to network n get numbers n give CDs face to face, then hollerin at someone on myspace etc who might air it.(from experience) ...nothing can ever replace face2face tbh. Even witheld taking couple peoples numbers after learning bout their poor workrate and their lack of dedication.Im abit slack with the DJ contacts side though, I have most of their mails and a couple that I talk to that would play but ive been lazy in sending out stuff to them.I dont talk to no AnRs tbh, aint really clued up on that stuff. My mate gives his beats to some publishing ting, and they pay out for using stuff for adverts etc, anyone clued up on this?

stackinggot about 35 finished deep house beats, took me maybe 18 months.sent roughly 5 around to some dj's on rinse and some american/european dj'shad quite a few labels gassing me on myspace about releasing them. i'm in no hurry... i'm gonna put my beats out myself when i feel like it. the sh*t is there, mixed down and mastered. just waiting for the right time then i'll let some sh*t off again.i dont do no promo, good music speaks 4 itself. if its good the ppl will buy.