Hughes: "We need defenders for the 5 squads I am building"

Captain Planet

Not topic worthy imo, just felt that the speculation topic is eating the room.

Lescott wants exit from Everton Everton defender Joleon Lescott has told the club he wants to leave but is yet to hand in an official transfer request, BBC Radio 5 live understands. Lescott is wanted by big-spending Manchester City, who have twice failed in their bid to sign the 26-year-old. City have offered £15m and £18m for the England player but Everton are desperate to keep him. Everton's stance may be weakening after it was revealed they are in talks with Arsenal centre-back Philippe Senderos. A fee of about £6m is thought to have been discussed for the Switzerland international but an Everton club source has claimed the centre-back is not being signed as a direct replacement for Lescott. Everton manager David Moyes has always said that no player would leave the club without his approval. City have already signed Gareth Barry, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure in a summer spree that has resulted in them spending about £80m. They also recently failed with a bid to sign Chelsea centre-back John Terry. Lescott joined Everton for £5m from Wolves in 2006 and has been capped seven times by England.

Would be a great addition for City. I also think that it would be a good move for him, i think he realises that Man City have a good chance of breaking the top 4 this year, if they click or not is another story but compared to Everton i think City have a better chance IMO.Pissed for David Moyes, Lescott and Jagielka were definatly one of the stongest centre half pairings.