Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruno Di Gradi

Bank Card Details

24 posts in this topic

BUT FAILED.My bank phoned me up yesterday saying for me to phone them. So i phoned today and they told me the police contacted the bank and told them my bank card details had been "compromised" or some sh*t. Anyway I rate them because they went over all the recent transactions to check and no money had been taken out of my account.Only downside is they can't tell you/they don't know where my details was taking from which is always kinda lame because i could end up using my stuff at the same places and sh*t.Gonna have to be more cautious of what sites i buy sh*t off of now.I know a lot of man on here had this happen to them. How much of you actually had money taken though and did you get it back?

What websites do you usually buy from?

Was the fraudulent transaction an unusual one compared to normal?

You usually get your money back after 60 days happened to me many times this year. although they cant tell you which countryits more than likely in eastern europe/thailand/phillipines. they are on this card ting.

u ever logged on internet banking / bought stuff in a netcafe? one cafe down my road just got shut down cos the guy was storing and selling everyones deets,

its happened to me a few times online, once after i bought a plane ticket, it was some russian site.the worst one was when i used my card at a nigerian restaurant in the US. they saw my card was a UK bank and thought that its would be easier to get away with. i got a call from my bank 2 days later asking for authorisation confirmation for a transaction.....someone was ordering $2000 of furniture from Lagos. the first order for $1000+ had gone through and the bank though it was odd for another order of similar goods to be placed again so they called me first, only to ffind that id already been jacked. shows that online/offline doesnt matter.

u ever logged on internet banking / bought stuff in a netcafe? one cafe down my road just got shut down cos the guy was storing and selling everyones deets,
how did they find him out

how did they find him out
i have always wondered why internet shops havent done this - if i had an internet shop i would keylog everyones pc sheeeeeee

Which bank you with? Coz Barclays / Llyods have disclosed info on the country whenever needed. But this was 08 early 09 times still.

its happened to me a few times online, once after i bought a plane ticket, it was some russian site.the worst one was when i used my card at a nigerian restaurant in the US. they saw my card was a UK bank and thought that its would be easier to get away with. i got a call from my bank 2 days later asking for authorisation confirmation for a transaction.....someone was ordering $2000 of furniture from Lagos. the first order for $1000+ had gone through and the bank though it was odd for another order of similar goods to be placed again so they called me first, only to ffind that id already been jacked. shows that i am very stupid
corrected

Which bank you with? Coz Barclays / Llyods have disclosed info on the country whenever needed. But this was 08 early 09 times still.
natwest

allow bein on the receiving end of an a/c'd attempt... i can only imagine how it feels for the victims...PESSD

allow bein on the receiving end of an a/c'd attempt... i can only imagine how it feels for the victims...PESSD
You get your money back its always insured so theres no reason to be pissed unless you require the money instantly.

If you give me your bank details i can find out who it was, anything to help a fellow vip2'er

its happened to me a few times online, once after i bought a plane ticket, it was some russian site.the worst one was when i used my card at a nigerian restaurant in the US. they saw my card was a UK bank and thought that its would be easier to get away with. i got a call from my bank 2 days later asking for authorisation confirmation for a transaction.....someone was ordering $2000 of furniture from Lagos. the first order for $1000+ had gone through and the bank though it was odd for another order of similar goods to be placed again so they called me first, only to ffind that id already been jacked. shows that i am very stupid
corrected
how was i stupid? i paid for a meal.

If you give me your bank details i can find out who it was, anything to help a fellow vip2'er
someone always has to bring this joke up in any bank related topic

someone always has to bring this joke up in any bank related topic
do u no wot im sayin flex...i was thinkin the same thing and actually went "uurrgh"

You do know its all them URBAN CLOTHES shops that you use...Just a hinter for future purchasing.

someone has stolen my mums card details like 3 times, and it used to be all centred around thornton heath high streeti think what happened is, they can somehow clone cards, so u have to MAKE SURE you cover up when typing in your pin, as they can put in a card afterwards that clones your bank details and if they see your pin they can just go on a crazy spending spreeso threadstarter make sure u always cover your pin

Happened to me once, think it was an atm in old street, in some suspect place, stupid of me really.The fraudsters even had the cheek to send me a fake letter for me to phone them, it connected to india and they asked for my 16 digits, expiry date and pin.Purchases was in indonesia and canada (thought they have some kind of chip n pin?

BUT FAILED.My bank phoned me up yesterday saying for me to phone them. So i phoned today and they told me the police contacted the bank and told them my bank card details had been "compromised" or some sh*t. Anyway I rate them because they went over all the recent transactions to check and no money had been taken out of my account.Only downside is they can't tell you/they don't know where my details was taking from which is always kinda lame because i could end up using my stuff at the same places and sh*t.Gonna have to be more cautious of what sites i buy sh*t off of now.I know a lot of man on here had this happen to them. How much of you actually had money taken though and did you get it back?
same thing happend to me this week

so threadstarter make sure u always cover your pin
This wont save you

95% of cloning cards doesn't involve chip n pin. most common way is copying the data from the magnetic strip onto a next card and using it to swipe for items. internet orders use the actual visible information on ur card.