Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PopT

Postmodernism

26 posts in this topic

without clickin on wikiive heard of it, no idea what its about, art perhaps

making topics based on the simpsons episode you watched last night = cant losei plan to make a topic later on in the day about embracing yr inner child

Loool at Radio

making topics based on the simpsons episode you watched last night = cant losei plan to make a topic later on in the day about embracing yr inner child
funny enough i never watched simpsons lastnight or the episode which you are talking about

heard of the term but no idea what it means

heard of the term but no idea what it means

this is the way i understand it, you see in kill bill, in the final fight scene, instead of dramatic music youd expect, he uses some spanish funk tune for the soundtrack. a deconstruction of the predictable stuff u normally see in cinema. anything non-linear and unconventional can be argue to be postmodern.a more cynical look at this word id cite charlie brooker:

Postmodernism Everyone vaguely understands what "postmodernism" is, yet no one actually knows what it means. Close your eyes and toss a shoe across the room and the chances are you'll hit something postmodern, especially if you're a saddo with a house full of po-faced furnishings.Critics claim the term postmodern is merely a polite substitute for "smart-arsed". Post-modernists simultaneously agree and disagree with this analysis in a morally relativistic, smart-arsed sort of way, before disappearing in a puff of irony and reappearing on the panel of a pointless late-night cultural review show aimed at the sort of simpering d*ck who chuckles politely in theatres each time one of the characters cracks a joke about King Lear or Nietzsche or the French or criticism or politics or architecture or any of the other subjects playwrights like to crack miserably piss-weak jokes about for an audience of several dozen tittering eggheads.In summary, the single most important function of post-modernism is to give medium-wave intellectuals a clever-sounding phrase to masturbate with while the rest of us get on with our lives and ignore them.

this is the way i understand it, you see in kill bill, in the final fight scene, instead of dramatic music youd expect, he uses some spanish funk tune for the soundtrack. a deconstruction of the predictable stuff u normally see in cinema. anything non-linear and unconventional can be argue to be postmodern.a more cynical look at this word id cite charlie brooker:
Postmodernism Everyone vaguely understands what "postmodernism" is, yet no one actually knows what it means. Close your eyes and toss a shoe across the room and the chances are you'll hit something postmodern, especially if you're a saddo with a house full of po-faced furnishings.Critics claim the term postmodern is merely a polite substitute for "smart-arsed". Post-modernists simultaneously agree and disagree with this analysis in a morally relativistic, smart-arsed sort of way, before disappearing in a puff of irony and reappearing on the panel of a pointless late-night cultural review show aimed at the sort of simpering d*ck who chuckles politely in theatres each time one of the characters cracks a joke about King Lear or Nietzsche or the French or criticism or politics or architecture or any of the other subjects playwrights like to crack miserably piss-weak jokes about for an audience of several dozen tittering eggheads.In summary, the single most important function of post-modernism is to give medium-wave intellectuals a clever-sounding phrase to masturbate with while the rest of us get on with our lives and ignore them.
Charlie Brooker >> _____

ayxbgn.jpg
LMFAOPostmodernism, f*ck*ng hate that term.Had to write an essay on that. Most definitions and books about I have come across don't explain it properly enough to have a solid foundation t work upon. They normally just dance around it and chat a whole bag of sh*t that isn't really relevant to what you need to know. Glad I never have to deal with it again.

ayxbgn.jpg
LMFAOPostmodernism, f*ck*ng hate that term.Had to write an essay on that. Most definitions and books about I have come across don't explain it properly enough to have a solid foundation t work upon. They normally just dance around it and chat a whole bag of sh*t that isn't really relevant to what you need to know. Glad I never have to deal with it again.
hehehe in the same boat

how can i just be told 'do what yr white masters say'

how can i just be told 'do what yr white masters say'
i always hope ur lying when u talk about the things people say to u at worku cant jus larf an shrug off these things, so u it must jus be some twisted forum joke