Ricky Hatton: "Boxing is DYING...If you go to UFC you are seeing proper fights" ...Steven agrees

Steven

Basically an article where Hatton states most boxers are cowards and are scared to fight the best. Cant disagree with him there. Boxing is dying a slow and painful death.

Ricky Hatton has come out with a shocking outburst aimed at the sport that made him rich and famous. "The Hitman," now a promoter, is furious at how his brother Matthew's fight with former world champion Zab Judah has fallen apart. Ricky, in speaking exclusively with The Manchester Evening News, has come out and claimed that the action Judah took - when Zab made a demand of the younger Hatton to take the September 19th fight at light-welterweight instead of at welterweight - is another example of how politics and such like are ruining boxing..Quite startling to hear, even if Ricky has a point with the Judah thing, are Hatton's claims that boxing is dying compared to UFC, which gives fans "proper fights." Hatton told his local newspaper how disgusted he is at the actions of Judah, and in boxing in general these days."I look at boxing from a different angle now and it is dying a death compared to the fashionable Ultimate Fighting Challenge," Hatton said. "Matthew was taking all the risks [against Judah]. He was prepared to go out to Las Vegas to fight in Zab Judah's backyard. He was fighting against a former undisputed world champion - at a level much higher than he'd ever fought. He was taking all the chances and then they say they want to fight at 10-stone 3-pounds (143). They knew Matthew was 10-stone-7-pounds when they made the fight. There is no way he could drop four pounds."It's no wonder boxing is dying. Boxing is now full of people who talk the talk, but don't back it up. If you go to UFC you are seeing proper fights."These words are the harshest Hatton has ever uttered about his sport, and it will be interesting to see how his fans react.Ricky explained how he admires UFC so much these days."I'm a fan of UFC because it is all action, proper fighting," he continued. "They are going the right way about it to get people interested. There is a concern in boxing that UFC is taking its place. People seem to get more value for money. UFC would be right up my street but I think I will stick to boxing. I used to kick box so maybe I would be all right but boxing is brutal enough for me."Hatton, of course, has still to decide whether or not he will fight on after suffering a devastating loss at the hands of Manny Pacquiao. Meanwhile, "The Hitman" will continue to stay busy promoting boxing shows of his own. Ricky is not the only big name fighter to verbally come out with concerns about the general health of boxing recently, but does Hatton really think our great sport is in such bad shape compared to UFC? Or have the actions of Zab Judah and his team simply annoyed him into saying so?

ufc is a disgusting brawl fest... i have no interest in it like i had no interest in WWE or TNA or watevafloyd was right ufc was invented for white poeple because the blacks and hispanics dominate boxingthey wanted 2 be good aht somethingonly animals fight in cagesboxing in a sport steeped in history and tradition with rules... ufc is a like a nouveau riches russian whilst boxing is old moneywould like 2 hear others opinions on this espcially those who prefer ufc ova boxingand anyway doesnt ufc hav cowardsmr fedor is a coward who doesnt want2 the best ... afta a few years the same problems will surfac ein ufc that are currently being experaicnd in boxing
indeed, don't like ufc thopride/k-1 is where it was at for me

Wrong- The UFC was actually created to see which martial art was the best. So they set up boxing vs tae kwon do, kung fu vs wrestling etc type of matches. Then Royce Gracie came into the UFC and proved that Brazilian Jiujitsu was, singularly, the most effective art.Dana White and the Fertitta brothers started to train in Brazilian Jiujitsu. A couple of the guys they trained with were into the UFC and Dana White saw a new business opportunity.MMA as a sport existed before the UFC in Brazil and Japan.Boxing is a sport steeped in history and tradition- agreedwith rules- Boxing easily has one of the worst historys of any sport with Match fixing etc. It wasnt so long ago these new ruels were put into place. As soon as Zuffa bought the UFC, they put in rules to get regulated by the Nevada state athletic comission.Here's what it comes down to. Boxing appealed to people because they wanted to see who the best fighter in the world was. The problem now is boxiung has SO amny weight classes and different organisations that its difficult to identify the best in the world (plus its difficult to get the best to fight the best).Also, there's no way you can look at a boxer and say they are the best fighter in the world compared to a mixed martial artist. MMA fighters are superior because they train and master various different art forms. The boxer is one dimensional in comparison.By the way, the sport is called MMA, not UFC.

Here's what it comes down to. Boxing appealed to people because they wanted to see who the best fighter in the world was. The problem now is boxiung has SO amny weight classes and different organisations that its difficult to identify the best in the world (plus its difficult to get the best to fight the best).
The Super Six tournament is going someway towards rectifying this.

Thats rich coming from someone who ducked Witter his whole career.He fought whoever he wanted to. Plus, the problem in boxing isnt anywhere near as bad as it was in say early 00s. Which fights do people want to see which arent happening? And if they aren't happening I can bet that person is fighting another top quality contender in a lot of casesHe needs to shut his fat gob stupid pie and mash eating guiness drinking chin checked bastard