Bendtner switches squad number

HangTheDJ

Just saw this, so random.

gun__1250073944_bendtner52.jpgBendtner explains switch of squad numberArsenal centre forward Nicklas Bendtner has changed his squad number for the new season.The Dane caught up with Arsenal.com to explain why he decided on the switch and give a personal offer to fans who had bought his shirt through Club outlets this summer. “The new season’s almost here, and along with the rest of the players I’m really excited and believe it can be a really special one for everyone associated with the Club." said Bendtner. "Before it starts I wanted to change my squad number from 26 which I’ve obviously had for a number of seasons now. I chose to move to 52 because it’s a special number to me personally, and I hope that it brings me good luck for the new season. "I appreciate that a good number of fans have bought their kits for 2009/10 already with names and numbers printed up so I’d like to personally cover the cost of replacing anyone’s shirt that has my previous number. It means a lot to see supporters wearing your name and number, and I want to ensure people aren’t inconvenienced by the change." * The offer is valid for supporters that purchased the Arsenal home, away or third shirt from a Club shop or online via Arsenal Home Shopping since June 2009. Any supporter wanting to upgrade their shirt that features Nicklas’ previous squad number must show proof of purchase in store.http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/b...of-squad-number

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic