Clueless Ref PT 2

Mr. Gayle

Just see this on Goals on Sunday......................................................

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock says his side were "cheated" after seeing a valid goal disallowed in a last-gasp defeat to Bristol City.Freddie Sears's 30th-minute effort crossed the line before bouncing out but officials chose not to award the goal after deliberating.The Eagles had dominated the game, with Sears and Alan Lee always a threat.But Nicky Maynard's 90th-minute goal won the match for City after the visitors failed to clear their lines.However, the forward's late strike will inevitably be overshadowed by referee Rob Shoebridge's controversial decision to deny Sears his goal. 606: DEBATEIt was a goal, no other way to put itbigatcpfcThe striker, on loan from West Ham, wheeled away in celebration after guiding the ball past Dean Gerken, but he and his team-mates were left bewildered when Shoebridge consulted his officials and pointed to the six-yard box rather than the centre circle.Warnock angrily confronted the fourth official and, after his appeals to the opposition dug-out went unheeded, refused to shake hands with some City players at the final whistle.Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock:"We can put a man on the moon, time serves of 100 miles per hour at Wimbledon, yet we cannot place a couple of sensors in a net to show when a goal has been scored."I feel sorry for the referee because he didn't get any help. But how can I mark him when he spoils an otherwise good display with a mistake of that importance?"I thought Gary Johnson and his players could have shown more sportsmanship because they knew it was a goal, like everyone else. But I'm 60 years old and maybe I expect too much."I have a transfer embargo on me and a group of young players working their socks off for the club. They didn't deserve that today."We were cheated. And I'm not saying that against the referee because he didn't mean to get it wrong."Bristol City boss Gary Johnson:"In Neil's position, I would feel the same as he does."Sometimes as the away manager a big decision goes against you, the crowd get on your back and it's very hard to keep things under control."It was a goal of course, but I don't see what I could have done about it at the time. I had my own team to think about because we weren't playing well in the first half."Neil didn't want to shake my hand and that's up to him. I can't say I was surprised after what had happened, but it's one of those things."

Like Alex said i really don't understand what else could of happened with the way the ball bounced out.Clearly didn't hit the post or advertising hoardings :/And the players' reactions. All the Bristol City players looked disconsolent and were asking questions of eachother while the Palace players started celebrating.Things like that make me think this sport is corrupt at the highest level

Those kind of goal frames are just problems.Had that have been me I would have taken my team off and gone home. F*ck getting skanked like that. F.A needs to fix up.
I cant remember what side it was but years ago a goal was disalowed which was clearly a goal so the other side just stood there and let them score, thats what Bristol shouldve done but oh wellThis was a stupid mistake though, seems dodgy when all the officials said it wasnt a goal aswell

Those kind of goal frames are just problems.Had that have been me I would have taken my team off and gone home. F*ck getting skanked like that. F.A needs to fix up.
I cant remember what side it was but years ago a goal was disalowed which was clearly a goal so the other side just stood there and let them score, thats what Bristol shouldve done but oh wellThis was a stupid mistake though, seems dodgy when all the officials said it wasnt a goal aswell
Think it was Yeovil, but circumstances were different. Ball got put out for an injury, and as they knocked it to the oppos keeper, he slipped and the ball went in, the goal stood so they let them dribble through and get one back.Still cant belive how this one wernt a goal though :lol:

Think it was Yeovil, but circumstances were different. Ball got put out for an injury, and as they knocked it to the oppos keeper, he slipped and the ball went in, the goal stood so they let them dribble through and get one back.Still cant belive how this one wernt a goal though :lol:
REF NEEDS TO GET SACKED TBH