FAO Anyone who knows about watches

Sub_Zero

I lent a good friend of mine £350 because he’s been a really bad way for a long time. He gave me his watch in return and said to give it him back when he pays me up. It’s been about 5 months now and he keeps making up excuses. I don’t wanna cave his head in because I feel slightly sorry for him and it wouldn’t give me any satisfaction. What I’m looking to do is sell his watch, take my money out of it and give him the rest. It’s a Tag Heuer but I don’t know the first thing about them. If anyone knows anything about watches reply in here and I’ll throw you a PM with a pic to see it’s condition. Also if you help me to sell it I’ll give you a % of the money we make. Looking online they sell for about 4k new.

Guest M12 Part 2

just go to a jewellers they will tell u exactly what its worth. u cant get an accurate value online cos u dont know its full condition either cosmetically or mechanically. it might even be a fake.u need to tell ur boy ur selling it though. u could get into mad beef if u just shot it without telling him 1st

Guest Cipher

Lol why cave your good friends head in over money.Do you want to sell it because you need the money, or because you feel its about time you are compensated?If its the second one, I wouldn't do it. Your friend seems to be on some fiend movements tbh, whats his situation?Tbh is only £350, if he's your best boy or w/e just have a word with a mutual friend, get the friend to just drop in conversarion 'you paid sub zero back yet?' etc *thats assuming he knows aboutit *Btw, i know nothing about watches.

Guest TimeBomb
what kind of spaz is going to be so bruk he needs to borrow 350 but have a 4k watch?
init thats kinda weird, why would u hand over a 4k watch for £350? Its like when i hear about people losing their house and living in a car, why u got a car if ur so broke that u lose ur house?by that alone id guess the watch is fake.

Guest Cipher
what kind of spaz is going to be so bruk he needs to borrow 350 but have a 4k watch?
init thats kinda weird, why would u hand over a 4k watch for £350? Its like when i hear about people losing their house and living in a car, why u got a car if ur so broke that u lose ur house?by that alone id guess the watch is fake.
Well when peole are in 200k worth of debt and their house is going to be taken, unless they own an aston martin vanquish, selling their car isn't going to help.

Guest TimeBomb
Well when peole are in 200k worth of debt and their house is going to be taken, unless they own an aston martin vanquish, selling their car isn't going to help.
not the point, shouldnt u sell all luxuries if ur dead broke? the saved money from petrol/tax/insurance/repairs + the value of the actual car could either go towards the debt or towards a flat if ur house gets repossessed.Personally i dont like borrowing money from anyone, im too proud, the watch would of been on ebay before i asked a mate for cash.

www.watches.co.ukshop in chiswickwill value/buy any decent watch.but deffo make sure you got a real tag, otherwise you'll look a fool once your in the shop.also a lot of other valuers send off the watch to "head office" whatever that means, i think the one in chiswick does it there and then. also they do an online valuation