Ledley King

Guest M12

Guest M12 Part 2

Is it true this guy literally doesnt take part in any training sessions all week cos his knees are so bad but hes an automatic starter and captain every saturday? :lol: respect to him cos thats sick, especially to stay sharp and fit without actually playing but LMAO. Does this guy literally watch his team mates train and then just step in and captain the side on saturday.come like them sunday league teams where trevor and micky turn up for training every week and run their hearts out and stay in watching tv on a friday night so they are "ready for the game" and then man like me miss both sessions turn up late half drunk and sleep deprived and pull on the number 9 while they are wearing tracksuits.harsh life

Its been true for ages mateWhen your as good and important to the team as him aswell as being homegrown you deserve to play even if you dont trainIf it wernt for injuries he would be up there tbh/Sure they said on sky the other day even his team mates dont mind it because he is the face of the club and a real gentleman and all his team mates love him

Is it true this guy literally doesnt take part in any training sessions all week cos his knees are so bad but hes an automatic starter and captain every saturday? :lol: respect to him cos thats sick, especially to stay sharp and fit without actually playing but LMAO. Does this guy literally watch his team mates train and then just step in and captain the side on saturday.come like them sunday league teams where trevor and micky turn up for training every week and run their hearts out and stay in watching tv on a friday night so they are "ready for the game" and then man like me miss both sessions turn up late half drunk and sleep deprived and pull on the number 9 while they are wearing tracksuits.harsh life
LoL, you made this topic to boast about this innit.

Guest M12 Part 2

im just genuinely in shock that this goes on at professional level.

"He never trains. He can't," added ­Redknapp. "Instead he observes drills at set-plays in readiness of filling in, usually for Michael Dawson,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/...d-fabio-capelloif i was michael dawson i would be screaming this cant be life.

im just genuinely in shock that this goes on at professional level.
"He never trains. He can't," added ­Redknapp. "Instead he observes drills at set-plays in readiness of filling in, usually for Michael Dawson,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/...d-fabio-capelloif i was michael dawson i would be screaming this cant be life.
but Ledley with 1 knee is better than micheal dawson.. if King was sh*t then this situation wouldn't happen but the fact is that even if he doesn't train with a ball (he does fitness training each day) he is still one of our best players.

Not like man sits on watching eating pie and chips tho is it. He still "trains" as he has to keep fit by swimming, bike, or anything that has little impact on his knee joints.Reality is if King wasn't so sick he'd have retired, on the other hand if he wasn't so injury prone he wouldn't still be at Spurs...

Guest M12 Part 2
Not like man sits on watching eating pie and chips tho is it. He still "trains" as he has to keep fit by swimming, bike, or anything that has little impact on his knee joints.Reality is if King wasn't so sick he'd have retired, on the other hand if he wasn't so injury prone he wouldn't still be at Spurs...
i just find it mind boggling how its accepted as the norm. this would NEVER EVER happen at United.is he gonna be f*cked when his careers done? like unable to walk without pain or even at all after a while. the sound of bone on bone contact for years doesnt sound like a recipe for a fruitful retirement

i just find it mind boggling how its accepted as the norm. this would NEVER EVER happen at United.is he gonna be f*cked when his careers done? like unable to walk without pain or even at all after a while. the sound of bone on bone contact for years doesnt sound like a recipe for a fruitful retirement
It probably would be accepted at United tbhIf the player was THAT GOOD how can you just drop them when they still have the match fitness and qualitiesIf Ferdinand couldnt train this season but could play matches because of his back, he would still start imoHis knees will probably be fine only affected during training and he will probably retire at about 33 anyway so I doubt it will be to badCan tell he loves football thoughDont see why you cant just accept it tbh:S

Why do you say thatand anyway its probably due to the fact that United have the finance (supposedly) and the name to bring in someone different/better/as goodthis sort of thing has happened before at unitedwith Bryan Robson Norman Whitside and Paul Mcgrath and yes under Alex Fergusonif we were in the exact same position as spurs the same thing would be happening

It probably would be accepted at United tbhIf the player was THAT GOOD how can you just drop them when they still have the match fitness and qualitiesIf Ferdinand couldnt train this season but could play matches because of his back, he would still start imoHis knees will probably be fine only affected during training and he will probably retire at about 33 anyway so I doubt it will be to badCan tell he loves football thoughDont see why you cant just accept it tbh:S
Simpleas long as he does basic fitness work he'll be fine he's got the quality to be able to watch the tactical stuff from the sidelines then implement them in the game doesn't train and he's still a top playershame he wont be going to the world cup

Guest M12 Part 2
Why do you say thatand anyway its probably due to the fact that United have the finance (supposedly) and the name to bring in someone different/better/as goodthis sort of thing has happened before at unitedwith Bryan Robson Norman Whitside and Paul Mcgrath and yes under Alex Fergusonif we were in the exact same position as spurs the same thing would be happening
i just cant see it all. how can u reason to a centre back thats training every session that no matter how sick he performs in training if ledley is fit hes in front of u. i think SAF has too much respect for the squad to be doing that and i honestly believe if it was rio now jonny evans "grooming" would just accelerated and he'd phase him out. i dunno if united were in the same position as spurs though.I swear the whole reason paul mcgrath was sold to villa was that the united medical staff said he was done?

Guest M12 Part 2

btw my posts are nothing to do with ability. im just saying how can u build a team ethic based around the principle that certain people dont have to train and will still play. thats the part that really gets me, i dont understand how the tottenham players see this as normal.

btw my posts are nothing to do with ability. im just saying how can u build a team ethic based around the principle that certain people dont have to train and will still play. thats the part that really gets me and i dont understand how the tottenham players especially see this as normal.
Its Ledley King Mr TottenhamNot like he is some foreigner or even a brought in english playerHe is the club captainHe still talks to players and probably watches training etc and joins in when he canAny player who did mind would be sticking 2 fingers up at most Totty fans anyway which i doubt they would want to do

i just cant see it all. how can u reason to a centre back thats training every session that no matter how sick he performs in training if ledley is fit hes in front of u. i think SAF has too much respect for the squad to be doing that and i honestly believe if it was rio now jonny evans "grooming" would just accelerated and he'd phase him out. i dunno if united were in the same position as spurs though.I swear the whole reason paul mcgrath was sold to villa was that the united medical staff said he was done?
The main reason McGrath was sold was due to his drinking and if the best player at a club cant train but puts in man of the match performances all the time and hardly puts a foot wrong but the subs come on an make a hash of the simplest things, they have no right to moanactual performance>>>> Performance in training or ability to train

btw my posts are nothing to do with ability. im just saying how can u build a team ethic based around the principle that certain people dont have to train and will still play. thats the part that really gets me, i dont understand how the tottenham players see this as normal.
its not a question of 'dont have to' its that he is incapable because it wlll make him incapable of taking part in the matchNesta has done this since back end of 05 when his back wentalso centre back is one of the only positions you can do this in because of whats required for the role.if you can read the game and defend properly dont really need to train accent organising how you will work your offside trapand even that is just communication timing and discipline.

i swear spurs were having some friendly and shirt unvieling last month see it on sky sports news that very night during the game im in the cinema, come out see ledley and his mrs walking out aswellpmsl didnt even know spurs were playing AT HOME that evening if it wernt for SSN would never of known aswell

Ledders is a legend.He still does alot of light training. He has to do swimming sessions during the week and has the same routine over and over again. Very hard doing the same sh*t and has to be very strong minded. His knee swells up so there isn't alot he can do on the training ground with the others. He's still there though doing his own stuff.Do the others players mind? Why would they?! Everyone looks up to him. Although he is not captain anymore (Which he likes) they know the situation with King. King on his day is world class and if it wasn't for this injury he would up there with Rio as one of Europe's best and a full England International.Lets face it, we are a much better team with Ledley and now we have to play 1 game a week he is likely to play in most of them. The manager loves him, the players love him and so do the fans

A lot of older players train less. No doubt probably happens with the likes of Neville, Scholes, Giggs etc... TBH Hargreaves once fit should be forced to do the same as King.No, cos he'll stop puting pressure on his knees. Obviously once he hits 60 odd he might have problems, but who doesnt at 60.