Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Infamous

Student bank accounts

14 posts in this topic

I'm opening a Nat West account due to the freebies they are giving out and its £1250 interest free accountThat will be the account I never useAt the moment I'm with Barclays but that looks sh*t so I will probably cancel itWhat could/should be my primary accountmade a thread because I know a lot of people are suffering from this predicament

LLoyds gave me a 2000 overdraft in my second year for no reason. Best online management and mobile banking is the one.And if you get an islamic account they dont charge you any fee's. f*ck*ng pisstake but ah well.

I'd say Natwest. They have a lower overdraft limit but I say it's better to have a lower one anyway. I'd be happy with a £100 overdraft.

Whats this islamic account?I would deffo apply for that/I only want a decent healthy overdraft so I can survive until my student loan comes through as I left it lateneed some stuff to pay for rent and food etc

I'm 960 into my overdraft already and i only opened the account 4 days ago.

lol the minute they gave me my overdraft I went and bought a laptop, and tvfirst year financing was a par.

Shukran brotherso its lloyds as my primary account and nat west as back upnicesortedgonna hit them up today or tomorrow

i got 1000 on my hsbc overdraft, could go up to 2000 now im in my 3rd year but i dont need that....they also gave me a £500 credit card.... never used it tho....

There must be a downside to the Islamic account right? 'cause otherwise everyone would just sign up for that one.

The card is chipped with a detector so if we go to Afghanistan/Pakistan/Palastine/Algeria etc we will get arrested on the grounds of terrorism

Nope not for the student one. The current account one doesnt have an overdraft though. You dont even need to pretend your muslim tbh

Was going to make this thredapparently Natwest give out free student railcards aswell

lol @ needing a loan, boy if you aint got a spare 5k sitting around ur not going hard, step yo game up