Man Utd v Arsenal, Sat 29th August, 17:15 Sky Sports 1

TF S4DK

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsène Wenger says leaving out Eduardo from Saturday's match at Manchester United has "crossed his mind” in the wake of the penalty controversy surrounding the striker this week.The Croatian has been charged by Uefa with "intent to cause an official to make an incorrect decision" following the Champions League tie against Celtic and the Arsenal boss has mulled over whether to omit the 26-year-old this weekend."It crosses your mind," said Wenger at this press-match press conference. "I don’t know, I just imagine him walking out at Old Trafford and the first tackle him going down. There can be some restrictions there [in his mind]."
Arsène Wenger is confident his other in-form midfielders can cover for the injured Cesc Fabregas. The Arsenal captain has been ruled out of Saturday’s Premier League trip to Old Trafford with a hamstring strain with the scan on his injured muscle described as “not conclusive”.But Fabregas is not the only midfielder to have excelled in the Gunners’ new-look 4-3-3 formation. Denilson and Abou Diaby punctuated the side’s impressive opening with some stunning strikes, while Alex Song has received glowing reports playing further back as the midfield anchor.Wenger admits that losing his skipper’s craft and guile is a blow but he believes that the trio’s brawn can “compensate” for the loss.“I believe ideally Cesc gives us stability,” the manager said at Friday’s press conference. “Cesc masters well the timing of the game - when you need to slow down and speed up.“He always gives you one or two goals to score in every single game. So we have to compensate for that.“But, the form of Diaby, Denilson and Song, who are physical, can compensate.”
Damn I be forgetting no Cesc...

This pedantic yute...He played centre forward for Arsenal in a 4-4-2 for seasons.and he plays in a 4-3-3 for his national team.Therefore I doubt its that hard or him to play in the centre of a 4-3-3 which is based on players movement along the front line.
It doesn't work like thatHe plays on the right for Holland, which allows him to drop deeperHe always stuggles to play as a centre forward, always will. Bendtner is more suited to play there but hes not ready yet

I can see how Diaby can be quite dangerous, still needs to improve.
He looked dangerous in patches, straight after the own goal he took it past 2 and dragged the shot wide. Its those kind of chances which you really expect him to get it on target atleast.

He doesn't play as a lone striker, he doesnt have to be disciplined, lead the line, hold the ball up, chase, or be the last man, he can go deep or wide, the role is free, cos the game is based on movement and players running from deep & besides you, the two wide players aren't wingers either.You lot do actually watch how we play rather than just say oh its a 4-3-3 and this is what happens in 4-3-3's.

:/RVP played up top on his lonesomes yesterday and thats a fact. Arshavin hugged the touchline and Eboue was floating around and diving.But Van Persie played up top, leading the line...
Lol at Arshavin hugging the touchline. He was floating same as Eboue except he can hardly run...Pedantic sh*t again, van Persie is the centrally figure cos he is in the middle of it, but if you think we play a 4-3-3 like say Bolton and van Persie's role is anything like Kevin Davies your delusional, at times Eboue and Diaby are beyond van Persie. Come to think of it if van Persie played the way some of you are calling it we would consider the formation a 4-5-1, like we was when Adebayor was playing there.