Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sub_Zero

Deep Story

55 posts in this topic

I was just speaking to this really succesful older women. I told her that I admired her generosity and how she gave everyone the feeling that even though she was constantly busy she always had time for them and was interested in what they had to say. She said that she's not always been like this and told me a story which I won't forget anytime soon.Karen who is the women whom I work with and who told me this story used to be a waitress when she was younger. She said she worked stupidly hard for little money and only just about survived. She'd move to Birmingham from a different city for a new start away from her shitty family and didn't really have any friends.The restaurant that she worked in was quite nice but in a sh*t area. One day a small boy walked in who looked like he hadn't washed in weeks. He came in on his no older than 8 years old and sat down as good as gold and waited for Karen to come and serve him. This was late afternoon and the busiest time of day for all the staff."How much is an ice cream sundae?" the little boy asked."75p" replied the Karen, these are obviously the days when things were alot cheaper.The small kid pulled out all the coins in his pocket and looked at them closely. "Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?" he inquired.By now, more people were waiting for a table and the waitress was growing very impatient. "50p" Karen said impatientlyThe little boy again counted his coins. "I'll have the plain ice cream," he said.She brought him the ice cream over, he ate it slowly like he hadn't had a desert in his few years and then left. When Karen went to wipe the table her eyes started to water, she noticed 25p left on the side as a tip. You see the lad couldn't have a sundae because he had to have enough money for a tip.I thought that was pretty deep. She told in a way that had everyone listening, unfortunately I'm a sh*t writer so it probably didn't come across very well.Anyone else got any emotional stories?

wowthings have change so much from then...makes you think...

i thought the ending was gona be different .. Kid had manors , sounds like something i would do.

Them chain e-mail stories there.
Does seem like one but the way she told it made it seem genuine.

Put a smile on my face, something I'd do when I was younger.Nowadays they're only getting a tip if the service is on point and that's rare these days.

Bwoy, hope that little yout is doing well for himselfC/S what Snoop said

wheres the bit about them asking to send money to help him to *nigerian address here*

I was expecting gore and tragedy.

Put a smile on my face, something I'd do when I was younger.Nowadays they're only getting a tip if the service is on point and that's rare these days.
c/s

bet that kid regrets not getting the better ice cream

10-20% tip if the service is good and they didnt add service charge to my sh*ti hate service chargethey get f*ck all when i spot that

10-20% tip if the service is good and they didnt add service charge to my sh*ti hate service chargethey get f*ck all when i spot that
you know you don't have to pay service charge?

yeh but i wouldnt go as far as to getttin them to mark it off lol

Bwoy, hope that little yout is doing well for himself
I'm afraid he died a few months after this incident.R.I.P.

was expecting 'if you dont forward this to 5 of your friends that poor child will have a terrible accident'

you know you don't have to pay service charge?
Didn't actually know this has discretionary until my birthday last week.sh*t service and waiting over a hour for a table = no extra pee for them