Chip & Skepta are going for that mainstream money?

Tirunih

tbh, the only person who i assume is ballin from these tunes is dizzee, cos he is independantcorrect me if i'm wrong but, tinchy, chippy, ironik, n-dubz etc are notso they probs only get a small percentage of the money generated from salesure mad if u think giggs dnt make money from road tunes he has apparently sold 100,000 mixtapes over the last 2 years, also wen talking the ardest was at its peak, he must have been smashing out the PAs and raking it in
Where the hell did you dig that figure from?
His myspace

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

times have changed...my opinion will always stay the samei don't even wanna attempt to get into this UK music debate (which i might end up doing)... the industry is f*cked in this country, there are many reasons why the music industry in this country is the way it is..one of them is to do with the fact that we live in ENGLAND.... .. people that buy music in this country have a sh*t taste for music.. so in a sense the up and coming urban acts HAVE to accommodate to their tastes.. simple.. it's not the artists fault ... it's how england is.Major cities in england are outnumbered by villages,towns small cities ects... they hear what's on the radio usually radio 1 ect... see my point?The only way an talented urban act can make music at their own comfort is to go US... and i don't buy this crap on how yanks don't take us seriously... the way i see it is if your good enough they WILL accept you...
did u used to be in the music game
why?
cos whenver grime or uk comes up u start writin essays on the industry

Both "Ante Up" and "Cold as Ice" reached #6 in the UK Singles Chart.
They reached #4 and #7 actually, but yeah I'll admit I missed out these two. But even then I could argue that 'Cold As Ice' only sold 3,600 copies so wasn't a commercial success lol.But anyway, my argument still remains valid because they are the exception to the statistics. For every 1 "hard" record that charts there are 50 'soft' records that chart. Which proves the singles market = rnb/dance/pop
Haters #8They Don't Know #3
So Solid were a phenomenom, they should have been included when I mentioned Pow/Giggs.
These are the tunes that will put food on the table. These are the songs that will get you these endorsements. These are the tunes that will become ringtone songs These are the tune that will get on compilation cds and get you shows on T4 in the park.I like what N-dubz, stydez & co are doing for themselves. they have a nice situation thats paying off. These guys actually understand the UK business market
Exactly.
man need 2 listen to 21 secondsthe barsmegaman and macmega man droppin bars about rollin with 2 gatsmac talkin bout shottin benz's in the clubthem labels care about money and nuffin else
Yep, which is why American artists have more mainstream success. Because they are clever with how they talk greazy in their singles. If you have good production and a good hook you can more or less sneak whatever you want in your verses. UK artists are slowly learning this.

giggs can never be mainstream. not in this country,these pop/rap types are doing relatively wellthe only one whos been consistent is dizzeeso i take all the new lot with a pinch of salt cos weve been there beforeand even with dizzee's success it has only been restricted to the UKyeh he plays at certain places in europe but he aint selling out no major european venue on his ownnor have or probably will any of these ones. that to me is more important imo than getting some shitty UK #1 that a frog has also achieved

giggs can never be mainstream. not in this country
With the right songs, anyone can be. Like you said yourself, a frog can get to #1.
but i also said mainstream to me is not just getting to #1 its selling lots of recordsno UK urban artist has ever done the numbers that shitty lilly allen has done for her first albumeven if people now see through her uselessness and never buy any album of hers againshe still sold about 3m of her debut album. NONE of these grime/bubblegum cats UK cats have ever sold 500k yet..

giggs can never be mainstream. not in this country
With the right songs, anyone can be. Like you said yourself, a frog can get to #1.
but i also said mainstream to me is not just getting to #1 its selling lots of recordsno UK urban artist has ever done the numbers that shitty lilly allen has done for her first albumeven if people now see through her uselessness and never buy any album of hers againshe still sold about 3m of her debut album. NONE of these grime/bubblegum cats UK cats have ever sold 500k yet..
good point.

Chippy knows how it goes.Make tunes that appeal to young girls:moneyman.jpg
record label know what there doing more like. His face is more marketable to young teeny boppers and pre teen girls wo will bug parents to buy his CD. and catchy hooks.Labels will exploit, til he matures and starts looking more man like and his voice breaks. etc.