Nokia N900

Vtec

Nokia N900 phone and mobile computer: Nokia-N900-chat.jpgNokia-N900-contact-details.jpgNokia-N900-front.jpg(links to vids http://www.nokian900.com/ )Technical Specifications:Display 3.5 inch touch-sensitive widescreen display800 × 480 pixel resolution Processor and 3D accelerator TI OMAP 3430: ARM Cortex-A8 600 MHzPowerVR SGX with OpenGL ES 2.0 support Memory Up to 1GB of application memory(256 MB RAM, 768 MB virtual memory) Mass memory 32 GB internal storageStore up to 7000 MP3 songs or 40 hours of high-quality videoUp to 16 GB of additional storage with an external microSD card GPS and navigation Integrated GPS, Assisted-GPS, and Cell-based receiversPre-loaded Ovi Maps applicationAutomatic geotagging Size and weight Volume Approx 113cc Dimensions 110.9 × 59.8 × 18 (19.55 at thickest part) mm Weight Approx 181g Keys and input method Full QWERTY tactile keyboardFull QWERTY onscreen keyboard Colour Black Operating frequency Quad-band GSM EDGE 850/900/1800/1900WCDMA 900/1700/2100 MHz Data network GPRS class AMultislot class 32Maximum speed 107/64.2 kbps (DL/UL) EDGE class AMmultislot class 32Maximum speed 296/177.6 kbps (DL/UL) WCDMA 900/1700/2100Maximum speed PS 384/384 kbps (DL/UL) HSPA 900/1700/2100Maximum speed PS 10/2 Mbps (DL/UL) WLAN IEEE 802.11b/g Call features Integrated hands-free stereo speakersCall waiting, call hold, call divertCall timerLogging of dialed, received and missed callsSpeed dialing via contact widgetVirbrating alert (internal)Side volume keysMute/unmuteContacts with imagesConference calling with up to 3 participantsInternet calling Email & Messaging Supported protocols: Mail for Exchange, IMAP, POP3, SMTPSupport for email attachmentsSupport for rich HTMLSMS and Instant Messages as conversationsSupport for Nokia Messaging serviceInstant messaging and presence enhanced contactsMultiple number, email and Instant Messaging details per contact, contacts with imagesSupport for assigning images to contacts Web browsing Maemo browser powered by Mozilla technologyAdobe Flash™ 9.4 supportFull screen browsing Camera 5 megapixel camera (2584 × 1938 pixels)Image formats: JPEGCMOS sensor, Carl Zeiss optics, Tessar lens3 × digital zoomAutofocus with assist light and two-stage capture keyDual LED flashFull-screen viewfinderPhoto editor on deviceTV out (PAL/NTSC) with Nokia Video Connectivity Cable (CA-75U, included in box) or WLAN/UPnPLandscape (horizontal) orientationCapture modes: Automatic, portrait, video, macro, landscape, action Video Wide aspect ratio 16:9 (WVGA)Video recording file format: .mp4; codec: MPEG-4Video recording at up to 848 × 480 pixels (WVGA) and up to 25fpsVideo playback file formats: .mp4, .avi, .wmv, .3gp; codecs: H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV, H.263 Music and audio playback Maemo media playerMusic playback file formats: .wav, .mp3, .AAC, .eAAC, .wma, .m4aBuilt-in FM transmitterRing tones: .wav, .mp3, .AAC, .eAAC, .wma, .m4aFR, EFR, WCDMA, and GSM AMRDigital stereo microphoneDLNA Personalisation Background picturesWidgets on your desktopsIntelligent contact shortcutsShortcuts to your favourite websitesShortcuts to applicationsThemes Operating system Maemo 5 software on Linux Applications Maemo BrowserPhoneConversationsContactsCameraPhotosMedia playerEmailCalendarOvi MapsClockNotesCalculatorPDF readerFile managerRSS readerSketchGamesWidgetsApplication manager for downloads Gaming BounceChessMahjong What´s in the box Nokia N900Nokia Battery (BL-5J)Nokia High Efficiency Charger (AC-10)Nokia Stereo Headset (WH-205)Video out cable (CA-75U)Nokia charger adaptor (CA-146C)Cleaning cloth Language support British English, American English, Canadian French, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Swedish, Russian Connectivity 3.5mm AV connectorTV out (PAL/NTSC) with Nokia Video Connectivity CableMicro-USB connector, High-Speed USB 2.0Bluetooth v2.1 including support for stereo headsetsIntegrated FM transmitterIntegrated GPS with A-GPS Battery BL-5J 1320mAh Possible Price ~500 EUR / ~750 USD (Nokia going in...)

Guest Triple XXX
ill become interested in nokia once they ditch the OS
this one is running linux OS under a nex name called Maemo.
even thats sh*ttheres no development for itandroid or windows mobilecnt get the apple one coz they wnt let thembut the other 2 have bigger developer communitiesn windows will drop an app store once 1.5 is officially out

Guest Triple XXX
whats wrong with symbian
i jus find it swagtbh i mainly like windows coz of the interoperability with my windows machinesfrom what i remember the apps for symbian are sh*t, its clanky n the UI isnt all that

ill become interested in nokia once they ditch the OS
this one is running linux OS under a nex name called Maemo.
even thats sh*ttheres no development for itandroid or windows mobilecnt get the apple one coz they wnt let thembut the other 2 have bigger developer communitiesn windows will drop an app store once 1.5 is officially out
i've not exp in linux hand held devices, but going by what there doing on regular PC's eg UBUNTU. I wouldn't write em off tbh...Im sure linux will have developers queing up to deliver mobile content...

whats wrong with symbian
i jus find it swagtbh i mainly like windows coz of the interoperability with my windows machinesfrom what i remember the apps for symbian are sh*t, its clanky n the UI isnt all that
oh yeah windows mobile are officially sh*t. I've endured enough BS from em now... with HTC's MDA's i've had in the past.

Andriod has the potential, the Hero aint that far off the iphone, its just not as smooth/quick. Plus the app support aint as big as the iphones either but its improvingWeb os is sick imo, but the palm pre as a device is butters. Plus apps wise i dont think it will get much supportf*ck symbianWindows mobile needs a revamp, although 6.5 is a improvement. installed it the other day on my touch pro

http://forum.xda-developers.com/index.phpselect ur fonethen rom development n pick one that suites youitll look sutin like this[ROM WM6.5][WWE/SPA][build 21847][31/08] BsB 6.5R (wm6.5 kernel 100% working & speed)rom, then OS version, dnt kno what wwe is sutin to do with international then language then the name n all that
is it easy to install ????

I remember my n95 wouldn't even connect phone calls.Too many f*ck*ng dropped calls.Would not go symbian again.Shite!