2 New Signings

Lenny

Denmark international Nicklas Bendtner has today signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal Football Club.The forward (21) came into the 2009/10 season looking to build on his performances of last term when he finished second in Arsenal’s appearances table and was the top scorer in the Premier League aged 21 or under - boasting a strike rate of 15 goals in 27 starts. Picking up where he left off for the new campaign, Nicklas has appeared in every fixture to date and is looking to further impress in all competitions.A key man for the Denmark side, Nicklas has appeared 27 times and scored eight goals for his country and is keen to play his part in a vital World Cup year.Manager Arsène Wenger commented: “Nicklas has impressed me highly with his application and determination over the last season, you can see that he wants to compete at the highest level and win things with his team-mates. He scored a number of important goals for us last season and he will look to replicate that again this year. However, it’s not just about the goals, his all round contribution has improved and will continue to do so. I’m very pleased that he will be part of the team for years to come.”Upon signing his new deal, Nicklas said: “It means a lot that I can commit my future to Arsenal because I have a great affection for this Club. I’ve been here for five years now, and my development both on and off the pitch as a player and person is thanks to Arsène Wenger and the team here. We’ve got a group of players that is capable of achieving great success, and I am really excited to be a part of it.”Everyone at Arsenal is looking forward to Nicklas’ continued contribution for seasons to come.
Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that midfielder Denilson has signed a new long-term contract with the Club. Having joined Arsenal in 2006 from his homeland club Sao Paulo, Denilson (21) firmly established himself in the Gunners’ engine room in the 2008/09 season, making more appearances than any other Arsenal player during the campaign. Having played in every Premier League game, the young midfielder clocked up an impressive 51 appearances in all competitions scoring three goals. A busy and efficient player with a good eye for a pass, Denilson has captained his country at every level from Under-15 to Under-20 and was a finalist at the 2005 FIFA Under-17 World Championships. Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “Denilson’s contribution to the Club last season was outstanding. His work rate really was exceptional and it is valuable to have players that we know will perform to the very last minute in such a demanding league. I’m pleased that he has committed his long-term future to the Club. ” Commenting on his new deal with the Gunners, Denilson said: “My development since I joined back in 2006 has really pleased me, and I just want to build on last season’s performances. We have a hugely talented group of players here, and I am convinced that with everyone working together we’ll be able to achieve great things. It’s a special time to be part of this Club and I’m delighted to have signed a new long-term deal.” Everyone at Arsenal Football Club is looking forward to Denilson’s continued contribution.

Denilson is better in this formation. Song does his defensive work, and Fabregas his offensive work, while he does there running, if he can stop trying to make outstanding passes which have to go through three men, I might grow to like him again. Very worried when he has to go to Song's position come African Nations tho...

Denilson is better in this formation. Song does his defensive work, and Fabregas his offensive work, while he does there running, if he can stop trying to make outstanding passes which have to go through three men, I might grow to like him again. Very worried when he has to go to Song's position come African Nations tho...

Guest Tulse Hill
Jan window we'll get some cover mate