Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TF S4DK

Djourou out for SIX months

19 posts in this topic

Johan Djourou is facing up to six months on the sidelines after undergoing a knee operation.The Arsenal defender went under the knife in Geneva on Friday, with the Swiss football federation confirming the procedure had been carried out on their official website.The 22-year-old had been hoping to push for a regular starting berth with the Gunners this season, following the summer sale of Kolo Toure to Manchester City.However, on the advice of medical staff, he has opted to have surgery in an effort to rid himself of a niggling ailment.The Switzerland international was forced to pull out of his country's clash with Italy last month after struggling with a recurrence of a knee problem.Djourou is hoping to be back in action by March 2010 and is still hopeful of being involved at next summer's World Cup finals - should Switzerland qualify.

how many competitions does silvestre have to knock us out of for "my dear manager" to increase depth in defence ?with kolo going 2 cb's were an absolute mustthis f*ck*ng guy is gonna give me an ulcer

I fear for at least 10 games this season Silvestre and Senderos will be our CB pairing, probably for these games.Saturday, 30 January 2010Barclays Premier LeagueArsenal v Man Utd, 15:00 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Saturday, 6 February 2010Barclays Premier LeagueChelsea v Arsenal, 15:00 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tuesday, 9 February 2010Barclays Premier LeagueArsenal v Liverpool, 19:45

Woot Woot Silvestre goona be our 3rd choice CB for the season.YEA BWOYYYYYY!

Lol, I'm sure senderos has learned his lesson. We'll be fine.

Not even suprised tbhHope Senderos has improved.. he can be good if he wants to

pmslif wenger dont sign a player or 2 in jan with song and eboue going africa/arsenal

f*ck Silvestre.But I still have hope for Senderos, he can be good as long as he hasn't continued his transformation into mk2 Cygan.Trusted him back in the day, same season when him and Djourou partnered each other against Chelsea and didn't get raped by Drogba. Neither of them have been the same since that year.

I'd like to see Bartley have a chance if we run out of centre defenders.He looks good.

I'd like to see Bartley have a chance if we run out of centre defenders.He looks good.
In the league? No thanks.

Bartley is good at reserve level and looks to have a good future, but tbh its way too early for him in the first team. I hope he goes out on loan for 3-6 months this season tho, hopefully championship level too.