Is There Really REAL Money To Be Made From Road Rap?

bane

You hear all these artists ATM saying there stopping road or doing it less because there is money to be made in musicBut I just dont see wear the money is?They must just about break even from music unless your Giggs but even he must not even be getting much music moneyHow many trap artists do you see at raves or doing p.a.?Answer to that is very fewAnd its not like lots of people go out and buy there music either

There is abit in the mixtape game atm, alot of them with a small buzz or fanbase easily move 1000+, i'll get some proper numbers in a bit for pressups of certain pplPlus there is even more for the few that are up everyday shotting there CDs on road, you move more units like that than it just lying in the shops for most of the up n comers anyway.

Hmmm... Depends.A lot of man saying they stopped doing road, wasn't necessarily making money on road anyway.That said in terms of breaking even or not, you gotta remember a lot of man, don't pay for beats, don't pay for mixtape artwork, spend no money on promo, use a cheap if not free studio, don't mix down tracks, so the only expense is the actual producing of the audio disc, as a lot of the people on here don't actually see the CDs in hard copy, I'll tell you a lot of them are cheap, which makes a tidy mark up on the £5 sale price.All that said even then guys aren't going to retire of this sh*t, let alone live the fast life before retiring.

states a good known can get 10 to 20 grand a show underground.small fanbase artist can get 3 grand a show easy. uk isnt paying that for shows and the buzz is not the same at all. even tho a american with 1/4 the fans of giggs, can still get 3 to 5 a show. the whole uk scene dont like to break bread, which is a main part of the problem of people not eating, if peope paid producers for beats, they paid others for 16's they paid dj's like tf to do a mixtape etc etc, everyone would be circulating money and everyone would get some kinda eat going on. then it would just grow and grow. thats how it worked and works in the states. here now people dont wanna pay for nothing cos they are coming up or its 'jus for a mixtape'ahh i could go on for ever about this....like TF said dont see them retiring off the money, all depends what they do with it next...

^^trusssome djs get paid for mixtape + hosting though.The producers getting paid is the main system thats missing, but theres always gonna be producers wanting to give out their beats for free. When people stop seeing paying for beats + features as a d*ckhead ting then hopefully a nice little circular flow of money will happen.

Everthing is a "though"Certain rappers pay other rappers to do features.Certain producers do get paid.Certain DJs do get paid.Its all a matter of standing.The things thats missing is support tho, and not just from fans going and spending money, but for example rappers dont buy other rappers CD's, your have graphic designers that dont go buy the rappers they do covers for music, or man making DVDs that dont buy the rappers they have on there DVDs CDs... If your taking money out the game filter it back thru.

Another thing with road rap is its kinda limited, I say kinda, but I should really say way limited, like the ceiling is mad low, of where you can go beyond mixtapes... Thats why man don't want Pak-Man or Villain to ever JUST be in that lane.Cos lets say Giggs is the leader of it, but for a long time Giggs couldn't do shows, imagine Wiley not being able to do shows. Lol, we would have never had no Dizzee...Then think say South is for Road rap what East is for grime, how many man actually get a long? Imagine trying to put on a show like Eskimo Dance but road rap, we all know what would happen if we put SN1, CFR, Cream Cartel, SMS, PDC & O Trey, then while we at it throw North Star & Mash Town, all in a rave together...

No.And that whole idea of circulating money is gassed. That breaks the basic rules of econimics. There's no money coming in. Paying a producer, paying a feature, paying a DJ, paying an engineer, none of that is going to increase your revenue in the current infrastructure. That's why no one earns anything like a respectable living from music outside of a very very small tier of artists. You would be better off working in Macdonalds than standing outside selling your CDs there.Money can be much better spent on proper promotions and marketing in order to get your product organised and spread out to a wider audience with disposable income. Money isn't meant to circulate amongst people all on the same tier, it is a trickle down effect. People from above invest it in those below. Everyone who makes a profit stacks so they are able to afford to make the investments needed to progress higher up the ladder. It's basic economic theory.But that is difficult because there's practically zero money coming down from above for anything 'real', and as Shaian pointed out, this isn't america, there's practically nowhere for an underground artist to perform and make even a respectable living, let alone a small fortune.It will happen over time though, natural selection and evolution will kick in as you finaly get artists with both the right product and also the right brains to market that product.

No.And that whole idea of circulating money is gassed. That breaks the basic rules of econimics. There's no money coming in. Paying a producer, paying a feature, paying a DJ, paying an engineer, none of that is going to increase your revenue in the current infrastructure. That's why no one earns anything like a respectable living from music outside of a very very small tier of artists. You would be better off working in Macdonalds than standing outside selling your CDs there.Money can be much better spent on proper promotions and marketing in order to get your product organised and spread out to a wider audience with disposable income. Money isn't meant to circulate amongst people all on the same tier, it is a trickle down effect. People from above invest it in those below. Everyone who makes a profit stacks so they are able to afford to make the investments needed to progress higher up the ladder. It's basic economic theory.But that is difficult because there's practically zero money coming down from above for anything 'real', and as Shaian pointed out, this isn't america, there's practically nowhere for an underground artist to perform and make even a respectable living, let alone a small fortune.It will happen over time though, natural selection and evolution will kick in as you finaly get artists with both the right product and also the right brains to market that product.
bold = I was a tad confused about that myself. Graphics man buying a cd aint helping no one but the seller.Post was real talk.Question how small is this "very small tier" cos I see KIG man dem talking about buying a yard, Gracious K saying he's looking to pay off his mums yard etc. Guess that depends on size + price of yard but still, just asking. Are you talking about underground levels? I'm sure them dudes like Tanna talking about making money from music is gas. I dont know anyone buying Tanna cd with that fake Yank accent. Sure nuff of them are saying that for the cams to kill the murmurs that them man are wasting their time