T-Mobile UK and Orange to merge

mr_r

thats a big Move there.... any of you know of this.. those who work for Tmobile or Orange??? ^_)

T-Mobile UK and Orange to merge The deal is expected to be completed by November T-Mobile UK and Orange are to merge - becoming the UK's biggest mobile phone firm with 28.4 million customers.The deal between Orange owner France Telecom and Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile UK will create a business with sales of 9.4bn euros (£8.2bn; $13.5bn). The merged firm will have about 37% of the UK mobile market - overtaking the current leader, Telefonica's O2. It is the second large corporate deal in two days, after Kraft Food's £10.2bn takeover proposal for Cadbury. 'Champion'T-Mobile is currently the fourth-largest mobile operator in the UK, with a 15% share of the market. O2 has a 27% share, followed by Vodafone (25%) and Orange (22%). The firms said in a joint statement that they hoped to create "a new mobile champion", adding that it was hoped the 50:50 joint venture could be signed by November. Integrating the business will cost between £600m and £800m, the firms said. This bill would include decommissioning mobile phone masts, cutting back the network of stores and streamlining other operations. DEAL IN NUMBERS 28.4m customers37% UK market share£8.2bn sales (in 2008)Source: Deutsche TelekomReturn of the deal? Savings should reach about £445m a year by 2014, they added. Deutsche Telekom said earlier this year that it was considering its options for its UK business - which has struggled to win customers in the highly competitive market - which sees five operators and several smaller players compete. Observers say that a joint venture allows the German firm to avoid the write downs it could face if forced to sell T-Mobile UK for less than it hoped. Meanwhile, for France Telecom, the deal it is a way to strengthen its position in the UK market without paying cash or taking on vastly more debt.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Orange only ever rented mass from TMob in anycase, so its kinda like Tmob already owned a part of it,.
i dont think thats the case mate, tmobile share a few masts as do orange with voda and o2, we was gonna do a ran share with voda last year or year b4 but that failed...good job i been outsourced ... Otherwise there is potential of redundancy.

lol Orange only ever rented mass from TMob in anycase, so its kinda like Tmob already owned a part of it,.
i dont think thats the case mate, tmobile share a few masts as do orange with voda and o2, we was gonna do a ran share with voda last year or year b4 but that failed...good job i been outsourced ... Otherwise there is potential of redundancy.
Voda and 02 share mastsand tmobile virgin and orange share, hense why places u get an 02 single u get a better vodafone signaland places u get a virgin and orange signal u get a better tmob.02 AND vodafone have a better range of signal in the sense of area coverage.But tmob are better in inner cities and high built up areas and basements for some reason voda never has a signal but tmob does in these circumstances.

Voda and 02 share mastsand tmobile virgin and orange share, hense why places u get an 02 single u get a better vodafone signaland places u get a virgin and orange signal u get a better tmob.02 AND vodafone have a better range of signal in the sense of area coverage.But tmob are better in inner cities and high built up areas and basements for some reason voda never has a signal but tmob does in these circumstances.
they only share some masts...not allyou cant base your knowledge of mast share on inner city and outter..lol

they only share some masts...not allyou cant base your knowledge of mast share on inner city and outter..lol
Im not basing my knowledge on inner city or outter city, im basing my knowledge on My experience of when i worked for Tmob, and when i then left and joined Vodafone.

Im not basing my knowledge on inner city or outter city, im basing my knowledge on My experience of when i worked for Tmob, and when i then left and joined Vodafone.
seen.. was jokin by the wayi worked for orange till july this year and been outsourced... still doing same job and i can tell you yes we site share some masts but thats with all the companys... we aint ran sharing with any one at the moment.so u still at voda?

seen.. was jokin by the wayi worked for orange till july this year and been outsourced... still doing same job and i can tell you yes we site share some masts but thats with all the companys... we aint ran sharing with any one at the moment.so u still at voda?
Am i hell, im self employed.