One Of The Greatest Finishers And Half Of The Most Lethal Strikforce Retired Last Week

bane

DWIGHT YORKE WE SALUTE YOU829454630.jpgDwight-Yorke-and-Andy-Col-001.jpg

"I hope people will say that I played the game in the right way with a smile on my face," Yorke told BBC Sport."While I'm still in great shape, I'm not getting any younger and I've had the time of my life."I've been blessed really. I've played alongside some of the greatest players the Premier League has ever seen in Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Peter Schmeichel, and played for the greatest manager in Sir Alex Ferguson."I'll always count myself lucky. I was a boy on a beach from a little Caribbean island that got the chance to fulfil his dream of winning trophies at the highest level and captaining his country in their first ever World Cup finals."Yorke recently accepted a position as assistant manager of Trinidad & Tobago for the rest of the World Cup qualifying campaign, and he reportedly would like to utilise his vast experience by managing in England one day.
In his first three seasons, Yorke was a key player in guiding his club to three successive Premiership titles including a unique treble of the Premiership title, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League, and at the same time forming an attacking partnership with Andy Cole in the 1998-99 season. Yorke finished the season as the top league goalscorer. Yorke made, in total, 95 league appearances for Manchester United, scoring 47 goals.
Altogether he scored 64 goals for Manchester United in 188 appearances.
He also once played for some club called Aston Villa too.
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">The understanding was emosh

most lethal strikeforce lol they were good but llow gassingu probs wernt even watching games back then tho. and yorkle has been swag for around 7-8 seasons stopittt
sheiiityour right truesay i didnt started watching games until after we won the trebledidnt even know who he was until i saw his name on the news the other day and wikid him updidnt think i would get found out this quick into the topicmight aswel lock this mods the lord has spokehis word is stonethinshallah soon get lick down by bus 2moro

Absolute world class and one of the worlds best forwards throughout the 90's.Unfortunate he forgot his roots, and what SGT did for him.He won it all at United, but he carried Villa through the 90's - esp. after McGrath went, left wing, right wing and then finally centre forward.The popped collar, the stepovers, putting his foot on the ball mid-attack, the legendary song we had, hopping the barrier to embrace us every time he scored. He was a genius.We could forgive him his move to Man Utd - with the lack of investment we weren't gonna push on from title challenges to title winners so he deserved it, even his move to Small Heath was forgiveable. But he could have been a legend if he wasn't such a c*nt.Great player though.

Dwight Yorke WAS worldclass, i got to see it first hand and he was the missing link in us winning the CL andf The treble,Not even gonna lie when he first came not everyone was overly excited by the signing as people like Kluivert were being linkedbut when he started playing for us we soon started seeing his class.He tore up The CLleague that year, he tore up the premiership with assists and goalsand his attitdue on the pitch was excellent as BFR has said it was his off the field antics and perceived big headedness/ cunty-ness that has prevented him being a legend,stand out memories His first goal for us against Charlton running into the fans.His double against Inter, Late equaliser against the scousersand that 21 minute hatrick against Arsenal, at a time when prettymuch everyone had had enough of him.He brought the best out of Any cole aswell, linked up well with the midfield and gave Becks someone to aim at, last year it made me laugh when Fergie was talking about how last season squad was the best he ever had, as i can easily say the first 11 in 98-99 99-00 was a lot better (maybe not the whole squad though) and the people who were there before me still say the 1994 team played the best football and were strongest.

Dwight Yorke WAS worldclass, i got to see it first hand and he was the missing link in us winning the CL andf The treble,Not even gonna lie when he first came not everyone was overly excited by the signing as people like Kluivert were being linkedbut when he started playing for us we soon started seeing his class.He tore up The CLleague that year, he tore up the premiership with assists and goalsand his attitdue on the pitch was excellent as BFR has said it was his off the field antics and perceived big headedness/ cunty-ness that has prevented him being a legend,stand out memories His first goal for us against Charlton running into the fans.His double against Inter, Late equaliser against the scousersand that 21 minute hatrick against Arsenal, at a time when prettymuch everyone had had enough of him.He brought the best out of Any cole aswell, linked up well with the midfield and gave Becks someone to aim at, last year it made me laugh when Fergie was talking about how last season squad was the best he ever had, as i can easily say the first 11 in 98-99 99-00 was a lot better (maybe not the whole squad though) and the people who were there before me still say the 1994 team played the best football and were strongest.
R9 - World ClassZidane - World ClassYorke was never in that class, however very good.IMO the 99 team was very sick, the 1st team front 6 were just too sick

You can say Alicia Keys is Beautiful and so is Beyoncenow if you saw a girl on road who obviously wasn't as good looking as those two, it doesnt mean she's not beautiful aswell Yorke was world class.
Yorke was never world class IMOIf he went to other leagues in other countries and destroyed them, then yesIf he done it on a international level, then yes (never really stood out for T&T)Wasn't even the best striker in the clubs history, but yet he is some how world class.

So are you saying that if he went over to Italy at his peak he wouldnt have torn it up.His performances in Europe showed his class.without him we wouldnt have won the treble and i'm thankfull every day that the Kluivert deal never ammounted to anything and we got in Yorkie Ask Inter, Barca, Bayern, JuveJaap Stam is seen as a player who was world class but he isn't the best defender in the clubs history.Roy Keane was seen at world class but he isn't the best midfileder in the club history Ditto with Van der sar and with Van Nistelrooy, with a bit of thought i probably could go on.so that arguement is doo doo, unless theres been some unwritten law that i havent read that says its only possible for each team to have a maximum of 4 world class players in their history (one for each section of the pitch)And on the international thing HE PLAYED FOR T&T the ammount' of time him and Roy Keane dragged us out of the sh*t that season showed some serious level of quality of which i would describe as being world class.And yes i've seen a lot of top strikers and attacking players first hand, and for movement touch predatory instints, passing creativity and work rate, he was world class.

He was World Class.Most people probably only remember him from a few token televised games/his partnership with cole/fathering that barrelAllow thinking because he wasn't as good as R9 he wasn't world class.If mans name was Dwightinho man would say he was the best thing ever.

He was World Class.Most people probably only remember him from a few token televised games/his partnership with cole/fathering that barrelAllow thinking because he wasn't as good as R9 he wasn't world class.If mans name was Dwightinho man would say he was the best thing ever.
rags