So Derren Brown's gonna predict the lottery tonight

Fearless-Guy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically fraffed up the whole show about some collective thinking bullshit. If it was really genuine he would of showed the ppl the numbers they picked before putting them in that tube. And what was stopping him showing us the balls while the draw was taking place on wednesday? Blatently just some camera trickery.

Saw my boat a few times on Friday..Derren's f*cked.. They showed us a clip which was meant to go at the end during the credits which went a long way in proving that he actually fixed the lottery. If you notice before the beginning of the show during the trailer, he held up a snowflake, that's a bit of a clue. Saying that he mentioned off air that if he ever knew a way to fix the lottery he will be stupid to admit it coz he WIlL be sued by camelot.Also I think they didn't show the end clip coz during the filming we had to wait around for quite a while because APPARENTLY camelot had had an emergency meeting that day. How much of that is misdirection or how much of it is a reason why they didnt show a clip I don't know..It was probably still just a trick of some sort

llusionist Brown in lottery trickSat 12 Sep 7:25 AM. By Press AssociationIllusionist Derren Brown claimed he was able to predict the lottery numbers just by combining the random guesses of a panel of members of the public.On Wednesday 2.7 million viewers tuned in to Channel 4 to see Brown perform his latest trick.Broadcasting from a secret studio location, Brown told viewers he had written his predictions on a line of balls, which he then revealed after watching the draw live on BBC1.He said "that's a year of my life right there. I can't believe it", as he turned over the balls to reveal they were an exact match for the winning numbers: 2, 11, 23, 28, 35, 39.On Friday night he told viewers that he used "a powerful beautiful secret that can only be achieved when we all put our heads together".He gathered a panel of 24 people who wrote down their predictions after studying the last year's worth of numbers.Then they added up all the guesses for each ball and divided it by 24 to get the average guess.On the first go they only got one number right, on the second attempt they managed three and on the third they guessed four.By the time of last week's draw they had honed their technique to get six correct guesses.Brown claims that the predictions were correct because of the "wisdom of the crowd" theory which suggests that a large group of people making average guesses will come up with the correct figure as an average of all their attempts. http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/12092009/19/illusio...tery-trick.html

I honestly dont even et the point in watching this stuff anymore.Why say you spent a year of your life trying to do it, claiming you came up with a way to predict the lottery and then offering an alternative theory to debunk the one you just spent almost an hour telling everyone?Surely there's no way he could predict it and there's no way he could fix the machine.

If this theory is true, then there would be nothing stopping us making a thread and getting about 24 vipers to have a guess, do the math and then see the results.However, I read yesterday that some mathematicians claimed this theory to be gobble-de-gook
lol at getting 24 vip'ers to do thiscant even begin to comprehend the amount of fail that would take place.

If this theory is true, then there would be nothing stopping us making a thread and getting about 24 vipers to have a guess, do the math and then see the results.However, I read yesterday that some mathematicians claimed this theory to be gobble-de-gook
This, the 'wisdom of the crowd' theory works when guessing something that is constant i.e guessing the weight of a cow, as the guessers have something to base their estimate on. When doing it on the lottery its just random guesses against the randomness of the lottery draw, the average of 24 people choosing random numbers should be no more accurate than 1 person choosing random numbers, cos there is no basis for choosing them.

I am a mathematician and I can confirm indeed this guy is gassing beyond Justin ever did